GreenTech

Winnebago | 1991, apply new vinyl

A friend of mine has a 1991 Winnebago that he would like me to restripe.

The factory vinyl is now completely "imbedded" in the fiberglass, please see pics.

Impossible to remove.

I took a sample and laid it over the vinyl that is there after it was sanded by the owner. It did not look bad at all.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

I am not charging the guy. But if I were, does anyone have any idea what would be fair. Just want to know in case anything like this in the future turns up.

Thanks.

P1030275_zps1ce8f962.jpg

P1030276_zpsb5811f11.jpg

P1030277_zps63558d63.jpg

WOW! Good Luck with that! (not trying to be smart) That looks like a tough job. 

I would try a heat gun and a plastic razor blade. It is such a big job though, a lot of stripes on that thing.

vinyl eraser and a grassland camo wrap!

You betcha!

As GreenTech noted, the surface is fairly smooth after a bit of light sanding, and applying vinyl over the existing graphics is OK.

If it was my vehicle, I would simply lay 15" maroon vinyl down the entire side to cover the graphic completely (with a break in the middle for the offset)

Then, I'd go ahead and place on some smaller cut-vinyl designs to accent.

PS5.jpg

I was in  R V sales for about 12 years and have restriped some older models. The best way to do this job, I would TRY a heat gun/plastic razor blade first. However, by the pics, there probably won't be much need. Sand first, clean thuroughly, then apply the solid stripes. I always cut the new stripe just slightly wider than the origial one to cover any "ghosting" from the old one. Good luck.