mwhatch

Vinyl Wrapped Pens

Tthe main reason I got my Cameo, as I have stated before is to embellish my custom made pens. Here is a sample. Most pens are made with a wood or acrylic blank turned on a brass tube. In this case, I have wrapped the brass tube with one color of vinyl, then applied the pattern wrap. the last picture is some pattern wraps ready to apply.

Thanks for looking.

Morton

post-34681-0-86246000-1365369020_thumb.jpost-34681-0-41514500-1365369022_thumb.jpost-34681-0-01731400-1365369024_thumb.jpost-34681-0-58922000-1365369025_thumb.j

Thanks for your comments. It is really not that tedious. The pattern of course is cut with a vinyl cutter and it is just a matter of  winding the vinyl on and keeping it straight so it all does not roll of one end.

Thanks

Morton

I make pens out of the exotic woods and acrylic on the lathe that looks awesome I might try to do that sometime. Is it hard by the way I am new to the vinyl cutting I have only been doing it for one month

knockonwood, I also use exotic woods and an occasional acrylic blank. I actually got my Cameo to cut embellishments for some of my pens.