I have read more about the adapters and you are correct, lots of people on her vouching for the Keyspan. I can't install my adobe creative suite on any more computers so I can't use them on my desktop where the cutter is. I  just really get annoyed having to transfer files back and forth every time I need a different program, I waste enough time getting distracted already. I played with the offset a bit and tried .10 which improved the cut. Then moved to .20 and the quality went down. There were wavy edges and weird corners, so I went back to .10 offset. It's still not perfect but I have not had any more issues with the cutter stopping since going pack to the serial port connection on the desktop computer. 

I'm ordering 1 next week to see if it stops this in my LP2 but it's had to tell right away because the problem is so random. I can take the same file cut good 1 time and stall out next time. Luckily for me I was able to scrape together enough $$$ to buy a decent cutter so I'm not screwed when these things happen. I have never been able to run either of my machines on serial cables they go haywire mid cut everytime so I don't have that option. My LP1 almost never gave me any trouble with communicating but this LP2 is evil and rears it's ugly head every time I'm in a crunch.

Jay