Sign in to follow this  
bigdaddy1975

need some help

i am new to the vinyl cutting world. i have a guy lookig for a quote on some stickers. any ideas

1. 6 inches high by 62 inches long

2. 4 inches x 24

3. 6 inches x 62

4. 4 inches x 24

5. 6inches x 40

6. 3inches x 36

one color. possibly two color maybe a yellow with white outline....

thanks guys

How about Time and Materials ? I like you am learning and I haven't even made the first cut..Heck got the cutter today and its still in the box?

L+W /2

For instance #3:

62+6

$34.

That's a good rule of thumb for single color designs that are primarily text or simple shapes.

You should add more for each additional color and complexity of the overall design.  If they ask you to design something from scratch then you'll want to consider adding even more to cover your design time.

It all depends on how much of the second color you need.  In the event of equal amounts (one color text with a second color outline, for example) I would add 40-45% and then an additional 20% for each additional color.  Not just because you're using more vinyl, but because every layer adds one more opportunity for failure and having to start over and so your risk increases.   If it's a simple spot color, like adding a red nose on a black & white clown face, then you can add less - like 5-10% per color.

Unless you're doing reflective or some other specialty vinyl, the cost of materials is a small fraction of the final bill and so don't think that just because you're only using $1 more vinyl that the final price should be $1 more. 

I often use the L+W/2. But another standard is $0.07 a sq in. Repeat customers get $0.05 sq in

• Like 1