matteave

Help..Searching for a printer..

Hello, I own a Vinyl Graphics co, I Currently Use a Kodak Printer to do ALL my Order forms, lets just say it takes about 2 hrs to print 100 order forms, I got through print heads like crazy thank goodness the Ink is Cheap.
 So My intentions was to buy a Color Laser Printer for the Speed...I have a Heat Press and we were going to Try to Cut Vinyl and Press it, We did a few Shirts and realized that This would take Forever! So I was looking into Printing my Graphics and Pressing them. Im also starting a candy wrapper Business,  I have been Searching for WEEKS for a printer...I had talked to a business that owns a Konica , Not sure what Model but they use it to print transfers, I havent found a forum that has discussed the Konica, I was going to buy a Ricoh and thats what I was leaning to BUT My Question is, Im on a budget, I want to know if there is a printer that will Print my Documents and everyday printing at a decent speed, unlke my kodak, AND be able to Print Heat Transfers, one other thing is I want to Print on light and dark clothing. PLEASE help, I have spent weeks looking and LOL dont know what the Heck im to look for basically. I dont want to get expensive Nor cheap.

If you're looking at buying one printer to do your accounting paperwork *and* produce t-shirt transfers for light and dark colored shirts, then you need to stay away from Dye Sublimation printing - the ink is too expensive to use for printing invoices and will do you no good on dark colored fabrics.

Getting that out of the way, most quality ink jet printers will be able to do what you're asking.  You should contact Cobra Ink (be sure to mention you saw them on these forums!) and they can help you pick the best printer for your intended task.

Realistically, though, you should consider purchasing two printers - one for your daily paperwork and a separate one for your art work.  That way you're not totally unable to work when 1 printer fails, or you run out of ink. :rolleyes:

Yes, Cobra Ink is the way to go rather it's an office printer or home printer. I print labels on mine everyday and in 2 years I've spent a total of $40 on ink. If using to print shipping labels, I would get the system that uses pigment inks.