Well after nearly 5 years I gone and dun it! I Broke the USB port! Yanked the cord so hard it broke the plug. so here it is in pieces I had to order a replacement, but USCUTTER is out of stock! - there are way too make exclamation points in the post!!! - Sometimes you catch the bear sometimes it bites you!

PS: I wish I had know which screws were just for the cover I nearly took of the ones for the belt assembly.

post-4860-0-74061000-1363269306_thumb.jp

post-4860-0-84644300-1363269310_thumb.jp

My PC is a little strange the serial port uses two female connectors (I'm not sexist it's what it's called). & the serial cable from USCUTTER was a standard male/female connector. I'll by a gender-mender from radio shack later today as a backup.

I bought the USB plug for $10.00 shipping included. 

Yes exactly.

And BTW yes I tried getting the board from "THEM" but "THEY" were out of stock.

Yes exactly.

And BTW yes I tried getting the board from "THEM" but "THEY" were out of stock.

Did you not see my previous post? I have the one with the board, that I can sell you.

Thanks, I had already bought the plug, and I usually like fixing things myself, again thanks.

Yes when I have good equipment, a decent solder iron, a desoldering tool & heat sink material. I've been working with electronics since I was 9, yes really, back then no one got in trouble for letting a nine year old inside the back of a tv, or at least no one bothered to call the police or Child protective services. 

• Like 2

OK all fixed! I had a scare yesterday, I plugged my serial port & ran SCAL & caused the LCD screen to go blank, but my tough LP24, fixed itself , so I figured I better get going & fix the USB port. 

post-4860-0-93845500-1363891663_thumb.jp

post-4860-0-11364700-1363891675_thumb.jp

I just brought this same machine for $100 with about 20 rolls of vinyl from craigslist. The guy wanted $200 but cause the USB was not working said give him $100 . I really got the machine for free since all the vinyl rolls came with it. He said he wanted it gone and didn't have time to use it since his new job. Its in excellent condition. Which is the holes for the cover to come off.

I just brought this same machine for $100 with about 20 rolls of vinyl from craigslist. The guy wanted $200 but cause the USB was not working said give him $100 . I really got the machine for free since all the vinyl rolls came with it. He said he wanted it gone and didn't have time to use it since his new job. Its in excellent condition. Which is the holes for the cover to come off.

cover comes off from screws on the inside - on the black part of the cutter - the ones you can get to . . .

post-2742-0-64543900-1373561141_thumb.jp

I figured it out. the usb is broken from the connections easy fix. ordering the part now.

got the part for $1.25. I got 10 of them and fixed it in 10 minutes.

• Like 1

my usb port broke off too on my MH-871.  

I ordered new port on ebay and I soldered it on the board.

It doesn't look pretty, but I think it is making a good connection with the board.

However computer is not recognizing the cutter anymore.

I did grill some part of the board with soldering iron, did I fry the board?

Can I just buy the board?

0505212300.jpg

0505212302a.jpg

I'm not sure you've got an electrical connection to the board there. Looks like you've damaged the via's (the holes in the board). Best best, forget about the USB, get a keyspan adapter and null modem cable and just use the serial port.

• Like 1

I agree with darcshadow that it doesn't look like clean solder joints the red arrows point to the important ones that need to have good connection and make sure no bridging between them

image.thumb.png.23965d4615f3e257a4efb0fc07168dcd.png