veddderman123

In desperate need of pricing help!

I dont do to much vinyl cutting these days, however I'm going to help a friend do his full size RV.  I have no clue what to charge him.  He wants to pay full "normal" price but I'm struggling to figure out whats normal.

Its all one color (black) lettering with a simple elk graphic.

It will require

3 - 50"x43" decals

1 - 12"x60 decal

3 - 15"x15" decals

I will be installing it myself and I need a general ball park estimate.  I've tried using some of the price calculators but I can never seem to figure them out.  someone please help.

.07-.10 cents per square inch for vinyl. Labor of installing, cleaning, vinyl removal etc. at $50-$75 per hour.

at normal retail price if it were me i would charge around 1400 bucks for those decals, now it would be up to you if you wanted to discount it down for it being a friend and for it being such a large order giving a discount. then charge whatever you feel needed to lay them down if he wants you to put them on and take into consideration if you mess up and being able to print another with out totally losing your ass with the ruined vinyl.

we are talking inches-correct/ geesh egobuster- I need to know how you get your calculations. According to yours mine are WAY  off. going by the vinyl calculators posted on here and one online I checked I got between $400-500.Please tell me how you figure your prices so I can stop losing money. Anyone else got input before I price anything else of my own?  Thanks Egobuster1 for the tips on considerations. 

heck a lot of people on here just charge for material and don't worry about time, machine, other cost.

The calculator crap don't make no sense to me . You have design-cleanup time , weeding - taping , layout substrate cleanup ,install overhead cost . All of that has to be figured in or you will loose money . McDonald's is always hiring of course so you could get a job paying more then selling your vinyl and time to cheap . You know what your vinyl cost you should know what your overhead cost . Your total overhead for a month should be divided by 30 to give you an average daily operating cost . You need to have an hourly rate that you shoot for . In my handyman service my hourly rate covers all my operation cost ,help and of course my pay and all materials have 20% markup to cover handling and delivery . You have to make money to be in business.

Dan

• Like 2

well, thats the difference in me and you pros. I am doing it out of my house and NOT much at all. Just a hobby and someone for friends to run to if something is needed. :lol: Scrapbooking is my first love so this all started with my cricut machine and i upgraded from there so definitely not in competition with anyone. This forum is  a great place to get help and suggestions. Love it here. Sure hated it the couple of days it was down. That is the day i got a request to do a drum head and didn't know where to start.

when im figuring up a graphic im cutting I usually mark it up 1000% percent that will cover my cost for the scrap that gets weeded away, cost of blades, application tape, my time my cutter, my time to create the decal, my time to email customers back and forth with the design template. on top of that what if you mess up the cut just one time and have to recut plus your install time.

there's a lot of variables to factor in and also how many people around you do it and what they charge. if you have a local sign shop you could call them and ask what they would charge just for the graphics and go from there. I tweak my prices to make the sale so it really just depends on what you think your work is worth

• Like 1

thanks for the input. All very good info.