Johnjoeedgar

Copam 4050 getting uneven cutting pressure !!

Ok guys I bought this machine as a backup and overall am very pleased it looks good sounds good communicates good but doesn't cut very well. I've been through all the motions and read every thread on here to rectify the problem so here goes ! , when cutting 95% of the cut will be fine the remaining 5% doesn't cut ! The blade penetrates slightly but not enough tried all combinations of offsets and pressure to no avail new blades didn't work either ! The cutting strip I have lifted and cleaned there are no abnormalities in the strip so re- seated it my last option is to change the blade holder and see if that helps. I also noticed that upon inspection inside the the blade holder there was a sticker with PCUT printed and a chart with the number 5 ticked plus some random Chinese writing on the sticker ? I was wondering if anyone has the same sticker inside there blade holder ? Or if the holder was even the right one for my machine. I'm using sign cut pro and everything has been checked over and over but can't get it to cut propper at all any help will be appreciated very much

don't even know of a connection between creation (pcut maker) and copam - I owned both = the copam had a different blade holder but don't think 95 percent would be good with th wrong holder.  did you buy this new?

No I bought it second hand from a friend and knew it had this problem but it was cheap and I thought it would be an easy fix but far short of trying everything the blade holder is last resort I'm no novice to fixing things usually but this is doin my head in the blade holder looks right and fits snug in the carriage ! Unless it is worn ? I have no idea as to how much work it has done previous to my friend having it, he barely used it and seemed to put up with the problem it had, but I want it right as my daughter will be using it just don't know what to do next to try resolve gunna try lowering offset on machine and increase it on software see if that helps I read someone on here did that and got results so will give it a try :huh:

Just had a thought I will strip the carriage down and check the rollers and roller track to make sure they are clean and no debris has stuck to either as this would cause a lifting of the blade!! Got nothing to lose having a look ?

Yeah thought about that but it's not cutting short mate it skips the odd line for no reason like if im cutting a E in upper case it will cut everything apart from one horizontal line in the middle or if I put a weeding frame around it will cut most of it ok then half way through a line it loses pressure and doesn't cut the vinyl it's nearly there but not right !!

noticed that upon inspection inside the the blade holder there was a sticker with PCUT printed and a chart with the number 5 ticked plus some random Chinese writing on the sticker ? I was wondering if anyone has the same sticker inside there blade holder ? Or if the holder was even the right one for my machine

Can you post a picture the blade holder that you have?

Just a thought .. but while checking things out . I would have a straight edge & see if anything is ever so slightly bent ??

• Like 1

the blade holder for my copam looked like the one usc sells - not the one you have now. 

Yeah thanks guys I've got someone on the case over here in blighty the import stuff is a nightmare when we order stuff from the states but just to add to the confusion I stripped the top cover off today removed the carriage and the wheels give them all a good clean also cleaned the roller tracks and put it all back together along with a new blade set the speed to 10 force at 120 and the offset at .25 the cut was much better than previous cuts but not perfect I had a bit of slashing on the up and down motion and not cutting enough on the left to right motion? This was more noticeable on the weeding frame the lettering inside wasn't that bad, so I stopped the weeding frame adjusted the over cut to 3 and increased the the force by another 10 I think I'm somewhere nearer now and will have another look when the new holder comes !!

did you manage to get this fixed? 

the first like 2 inches of my machine doesn't cut well at all, its almost like there is not enough pressure on it.