dzine

Cutting wrong size HELP!

Hello guys, I really hope someone here can help me with this.

The problem I have is that, when I draw something, it doesn't matter what software I use (corel, adobe illustrator, flexisign, SCALpro) at the time of cutting it in the plotter, it cuts too large. 

For example, in the pictures attached, i drew a circle on flexisign,  8" diameter, but when I sent it to cut, it changes its size to 8.2"

This is the same on SCAL pro, the only difference is that SCAL doesn't show me the output size, if I try to cut something 8" wide it just cuts it 8.2" wide.

Now back to flexisign, if I manually put 8" on the cut/plot menu, it doesn't resize it proportionally. 

This is the same with 2 different computers, 1 of them doesn't even have a cutter connected to it and I installed the software to try this, and still does it.

Please help, I don't know what to do anymore. And I can't use my cutter at all with this problem. Specially on large graphics (8 feet long) because the increased size becomes inches.

Help!

post-36850-0-77618500-1361007379_thumb.p

post-36850-0-63189500-1361007385_thumb.p

that 8.2" is fine. That is how mine is also.. there is a .2" panel on the edge.  or you will have flat circle on the sides...That is in the panel adjustments.

I really appreciate your answers guys, indeed I had 0.09 in the panel size. My only concern is that, yesterday when I sent something to cut, it cut it too large. I am not on my office right now otherwise I'd try it.

I will test it on Monday and reply here if it fixed it. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this.

yep, EG: if u cut 2, 6" decals and you have a 12" roll of vinyl, it wont fit 2 side by side, because of the panel, unless you adjust the panel option, to be REALLY tight. 

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this guys, however the problem still exists. I have attached a picture of a rectangle I sent to cut using flexisign pro 10. I made the rectangle to be exactly 8" x 2", tried it with the weed border of .01 and 0, it showed it on the cut/plot window to be the right size, and still cut it 1/8" too large, and on the 2" side 1/32" too large, which might not be a big deal here, but when trying to match previous jobs or to fit something specifically it is.

Any advice will be much appreciated. 

post-36850-0-60333200-1361220975_thumb.j

Fixed! It was the calibration indeed. I looked into it on the software and found a very similar option to the one you linked. It worked, now everything is cutting with 100% accuracy.

I REALLY appreciate your help guys.

Wish you the best!

Fixed! It was the calibration indeed. I looked into it on the software and found a very similar option to the one you linked. It worked, now everything is cutting with 100% accuracy.

I REALLY appreciate your help guys.

Wish you the best!

Great glad you got it... ;D

My cutter does this exact thing as well. You said you found a similiar option? I have the same software, as you are using. Care to share exactly where you found the setting. Many thanks in advance.

WiL

My cutter does this exact thing as well. You said you found a similiar option? I have the same software, as you are using. Care to share exactly where you found the setting. Many thanks in advance.

WiL

If you gave more info, you would get more help... What cutter? What software?  The OP is talking about 2 different soft wares.

If you gave more info, you would get more help... What cutter? What software?  The OP is talking about 2 different soft wares.

the cutter is a Redsail R series cutter, with flexi pro 8.1. My Fault.

If your using Flexisignpro 8.1 on anything newer than windows XP. that could be your problem, as was not even suitable for Vista until version 8.5 

SAI support can tell you how to fix it.

it is indeed Win 7.. I guess I will call SAI.. I just happen to see, this Member was having the exact same issue.. If they found a Calibration option in Flexi, I was just curious where.. Thier picture, showing something 5.0 going to Production Manager at 5.2 is the exact dimensions mine throws as well. 10.0 sent will be 10.2.. so on and so forth.. which ultimately does now allow me to stack decals where exact precision is an issue or cut anything with a drop shadow.

the .2 difference, is panel size.   Mine is the same way,  It is correct.    with .2  The only way to change that, is change the panel size.   You need a .1 on each side. Or your cutting off the sides of the decal. A circle would have a flat side.

• Like 1

Say, I have the 49ers logo in flexi.. I want to cut the SF in white, the SF drop shadow in black and the oval in red. I ungroup all, separate, and send each to the plotter individually.. When they go to the plotter, it will alter them, in size, to where when I cut them, they will not line up. when I go to stack them and assemble the logo, the sizes are out of whack. If someone comes to me with a specific size, I can not make it a specific size. If someone asks me for something 1.72 wide, by 1.85 tall.. I can get it close, but not exact.

post some screen shots of what your ACTUALLY doing.  That is the only way to describe it.  What do you mean separate?  Your moving them?   If so, you don't  move them. Your software knows every color, and it cuts by color.

At no time did you mention using registration marks.  which is required.

Contact your tech support about calibrating your cutter...  and like I said , Flexi 8.1 is for XP on back.   SAI will tell you that also.  It is hit or miss with anything newer.

It's exactly the problem I had. I went to production manager then to the File menu and found the option there, can't remember the name right now but when I get to my office I'll take some screenshots and post them here. It cuts a 12" x 12" square you have to measure and input your actual size, then it's fixed.

I'll post the pictures later but I'm sure it will fix it.

• Like 1

How about OUTPUT size compensation?  Which is in Production manager....

Yes, I think that's how it's called :)

From reading other posts online., it is not available unless you have the service pack 8.1.( v.2) fixed it. and was made available with the upgrade to Flexisignpro 8.5  for Vista

• Output size compensation now is available in Production Manager for all products, not just RIP products. ( This is version 8.5   for VISTA)  This info came from a Flexi rep on another forum, so I won't post all.
  • Like 1