Sign in to follow this  
LMG0822

Any Advice Welcomed - Laserpoint ll vs SC series

I am new to this...

I am trying to decide which machine to buy.    I have narrowed it down to the 34" SC series or 25" LaserPoint ll

I don't expect have many things to make larger than 24" but would like the option of making larger if I needed to. Is it worth it to buy a larger machine vs having to tile cuts

Also - Since I'm new to this I dont know for sure if I will have a lot of contour cutting that I need to do.  Does the SC series do everything the LaserPoint does except the contour cutting? 

I intend to use the machine for making decals for personalizing things that I make such as plaques, picture frames, mirrors, license plates, and decals for cars and walls.

Thanks for any input...

Welcome...maybe this buying guide will help you.. Each cutter is a set up from another .  They all cut vinyl. A 24" cutter is a standard cutter. And that is what most people purchase. If you feel you need a bigger cutter then buy it. There are 34" cutters. It is all dependent on what you are planning to do with it. And as always stated, buy the BEST you can afford. Good luck with your venture.

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/static/subpage/buying_guides

Great forum ! where can i find software to precut automotive tints , as there are so many automotive makes & models out there ? thanks