midage32065

Ebay versus online store

I am planning to purchase 1 possible 2 of the LaserPoint II units..As I am seeking a contour element..Now, I do buy some vinyl off ebay so one cant help but see auctions by/from USCUTTER listed.

My query is this: Why arent the same sales for equipment and supplies listed on US CUTTER store online? I am seeing a LP II and supplies for 499.99, that with stand and lots of goodies to start or add to exisiting running hobbie or small business, shipping is 79.00...So for $1157.98 I can buy from ebay(which I dont trust) and have shipped to my door...Why dont they list the same deal on the Online Store where at least I can call with questions and not risk the issues that come from buying from ebay...I have bought US CUTTER supplies from Amazon and also straight from the Online store(just like this evening $150.00 of supplies) I want to buy 1 to 2 more machines but where the deal with supplies is I would rather deal with the online store...Why dont US CUTTER run same deal on their web page?

Why dont they list the same deal on the Online Store where at least I can call with questions and not risk the issues that come from buying from ebay...

You can still call and ask questions at USCUTTER about any of the auctions.     Your items are not coming from EBAY.  They are coming from USCUTTER.. They have 2 warehouses.  EBAY does not sell products themselves. The last I knew, the warranties are longer if you purchase from the online website. You are getting better deals on EBAY USCUTTER  auction sales, but less warranty with the product. You have to make that decision, save money on EBAY or better warranty at online store. Ebay sales move more product. 

• Like 1

Oh I planned to do that in the AM...Not to sound cute or smart BUT I am quite aware they dont come from (ebay) I am also quite aware that they dont sell products, and lastly the negatives  on ebay speak loudly about warranties...

Oh I planned to do that in the AM...Not to sound cute or smart BUT I am quite aware they dont come from (ebay) I am also quite aware that they dont sell products, and lastly the negatives  on ebay speak loudly about warranties...

Well ,You was kinda comparing Amazon there,( it was brought up).  And Amazon does sell products. A lot of products.  I didn't know what you were thinking there, just making it more clear. Not trying to be smart.  The warranties on the EBAY ads are shown. A lot of people don't even know about the USCUTTER online store until they make a purchase from the USCUTTER EBAY store.  And you will also notice that the shipping is higher on EBAY.  Compared to $9.00 on the online website,  You just have to watch the ads. Some vinyl cutter deals are FREE, while others may be $79.99 for shipping.

• Like 1

Just a little side note , You don't need a cutter,  with a laser to do contour cutting.  You can purchase  Flexistarter10/with contour cutting software, and it will turn any cutter into a contour cutting machine,  The software its self measures the contour cutting,  It is measured from the blade, in the middle of the registration mark,  to each registration mark.  You don't need a laser. Just another option to consider, instead of purchasing another cutter, just to do contour cutting.   Can be had on the Ebay auctions for about $129. and you own it.

You say you don't trust EBAY? I don't know what you are referring to, that you say "you don't trust EBAY". You don't trust EBAY, because of what reason?  I have an online EBAY store which I have had for going on 7 years. I rarely ever have a problem. And it's not trusting EBAY. it's the buyers.  LOL  Thank goodness for the BLOCK bidders list.  I share mine with a person on here.  We give each other a heads up on bad buyers.

• Like 2

I agree with Skeeter. I don't understand the "I don't trust ebay' statement. Between ebay and Paypal, you have TWO buyer protection plans.

Buying and selling on ebay myself for 9 years now and not a single bad experience, with feedback at over 3000. I even buy some of my medical supplies via ebay.

• Like 1

Midage , this is not a snarky forum at all & nearly all posts will be good natured & also there is no " ganging " up on people , especially on members starting out . I took your post as Skeeter & John  did also . I always welcome unbiased reaction ... it shows how others take what we say/type . No need to defend anything , maybe just explain better . I myself would like to understand " and lastly the negatives on ebay speak loudly about warranties... " that you posted ?? The warranties are supplied by the actual sellers . I would say that there are no negatives in your decision . Just decide what seems like the best value for yourself . I bought extended warranty on the 2 Copams I bought 5 + years ago & never even made a call , let alone any warranty claims .

I tried 3 times to simplfy my answer and each time it came to back to the begining so if I ruffled any feathers I am apologetic as it was never meant to even get this far... And thats where I will leave it...Ya'll have a good one and believe me you wont hear from me again ....

Midage , That is exactly what I was trying to prevent !!! I know Skeeter & John don't get ruffled & were not being contrary with you , nor was I . I think you are being a bit too " thin skinned " & taking offense when you are getting casual conversation in return . The only way to understand things is to respond back & forth . Most times everybody learns something . Stay then learn , teach & interact .. or cop an attitude & do as you typed .... but don't think for a moment anybody was given you grief at all . Many on this board see to it that does not happen .

• Like 2

I tried 3 times to simplfy my answer and each time it came to back to the begining so if I ruffled any feathers I am apologetic as it was never meant to even get this far... And thats where I will leave it...Ya'll have a good one and believe me you wont hear from me again ....

My feathers were never ruffled, I was just trying to understand, what you were saying, and why you said you didn't trust EBAY,  you never did answer.  Your title was EBAY vs Online

• Like 1

I had never heard of USCUTTER before eBay-buying the MH unit that got me into the sign business.

I'm a huge fan of eBay --  I've gotten all sorts of supplies & accessories for this sign store using eBay.

Replacement blades, app tape, specialty vinyl, app-tape dispenser, knives & weeding tools, graphics DVD's etc. etc.

Trust eBay?

Implicitly.

Trust USCUTTER?

Totally.

• Like 1

I always do research and read comments/reviews on Amazon and after buy on eBay.  I think buying something on eBay and not get what you want you have a better chance of getting your money back via PayPal and such.  My biggest thing is that I can leave a NEGATIVE feedback if product is not as advertised.  You cannot do that on Online Stores where other buyers can view/read comments or feedback.  If they sell junk they will not last long on ebay unless they sell 20k items/month.

There is no reason not to buy on eBay, just use common sense and caution.  There were many times I can buy directly from another online-store, distributor or manufacturer for a lot
less which I have done.

• Like 2

I will say this once and will not cover it again as it rubs me wrong: We were over 900 sales, had 100% feedback, a hair slow once in a blue moon shipping, I, thats ME sold over 10K of hotwheel collectables, the very last sale was 945.00, they were shipped, confirmation and insurance as well, they were del'ered-fact-to the address given, never heard a word from buyer, 10 days after del'ry we rec'ed email from ebay of UNDEL'ERED complaint, in less than 24hr I was tried, found guilty and quickly hung to dry, Paypal gave them their money back and came lookin at me as the culpret, we had USPS proof that it arrived BUT Paypal wanted nothing to do with that, I filed a "theft report " with our local Law, I filed a "theft report " with the town where it was shipped, still no dice, I was the one THEY looked at as again, in 24 hrs they re-imbursed the buyer.....Best part is left for the last: The buyer stated they were on vacation FIRST time, then upon proving it was shipped and arrived to the BUYER they then stated that HER HUSBAND was home and didnt hear anything let alone the mail carrier, BUT the USPS provided documented proof it was del'ered, Sooo...Insurance was useless as how can USPS pay for something that was DEL'ERED....Again no matter what I was able to provide to Ebay/Paypal as proof they got the shippment they were stead fast that they made the final judgement and what they say is what goes...Now before you ask: This happened 4 yrs ago and I havent and will never give them the time of day, they went so far to sic collection services on us and all that goes along with that, I have a bad mark on my credit history that I cant clean because I will be damned if I will give Paypal a dime let alone Ebay unless they have my surplus I sold and shipped....Now...We know they rec'ed the shippment as I had a friend do some lets say private digging on these people, within 60 days they were selling MY collectables on ebay and again I can prove it as I had him buy 10 of them and am to this day able to prove they were mine because of the custom markings that only myself and the buyer would know...There has been little I can prove, the law dont give  flying whatever and it is like one day to next....I wont buy from ebay or use paypal period....My question about US CUTTER auctions versus why they didnt have the same SALE item on their web store is simple, I like will always buy from their web store by all means but since their ebay auction sale is this much and it is NOT shown as any sale item or a collective of items for this much makes me shop else where..It is not personal but all business to me so if I see a collective of items for a reasonable price from a KNOWN firm I am going to see why they dont have same sales on their web page or is there more to it than meets the eye...Thats all, money dictates...By Saturday or Moday I will have spent some 1-2k on some equipment as I have a need and cant wait for a sales ad to be sent with the sunday paper....I bought my first cutter from Amazon and have had no issues and US CUTTER shipped promptly and within I think it was 3-4 days I had my purchase, I purchased some specialty Mirror Chrome roll of vinyl-paid royally but I wanted it as I was doing a Band's name in it and the drummer wanted it for his Bass drum(still waiting for a picture of it-we work together) and today after 3 days I got my 12 rolls of 24" x 10yr package guess because I live in LA and next to Texas has its points in ship quickness....Now are we all happy now...I want to put this to rest...Shoulda never asked....

Nit pick --  (honestly it's not really germain to the discussion, but I decided to throw it in here anyway)

In your Opening Post you indicated "I do buy some vinyl off ebay..."  and now you are indicating "I wont buy from ebay or use paypal period..." which is a contradiction in terms.

Anyway, yes, I'm very Sorry to hear that an unscrupulous BUYER ripped you off.

You could have sued to recover that $945 in a small-claims case against the buyer (who essentially used the eBay system to facilitate a theft) , and although the statute of limitations is likely expired on this, I'm surpised you didn't file a SC case (and maybe get on TV with Judge Judy!!!)

As for your initial question about the different pricing structures, well,  that's called "marketing" and it appears that USCUTTER uses the eBay structure to attract customers with special bundles.

BTW, what did USCUTTER sales dep't. say when you called and talked to them?  (Post #3 in this thread)

• Like 2

As a buyer , I am glad e-bay & PayPal is like that ( the court system is very biased towards home owners vs contractors similiar to what Midage stated about PP ) . I have not sold anything on e-bay , but would feel the same as Midage if shipping . I intend to sell a specialty truck on e-bay , but I won't ship , so that will eliminate what Midage describes .

Sorry, a jerk buyer ripped you off. Ebay didn't.

I have known EBAY/Paypal, rules for quite some time, and anything over a sale of $250.00, EBAY/Paypal requires  ALL packages shipped signature confirmation.  Not just delivery confirmation. And if you didn't follow those rules. You would lose a case.  Rules are for both sides. Sellers and buyers. So , if you didn't use Signature confirmation, your to blame for losing your own money.

Now with EBAY rules. the buyer can't even file a claim, if the item shows delivered.  It will just close. The tracking is now in EBAY and Paypal both.

I also noticed the contradiction above.  with your first post : and your last.

Now, I do buy some vinyl off ebay so one cant help but see auctions by/from USCUTTER listed.  and your last post of .

I wont buy from ebay or use paypal period.... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I bought my MH721 cutter through amazon but from USCutter. After shipping and price I saved $20 from buying it straight from the USCutter site and have the same warranty.