Sign in to follow this  
xpfguy

home decor gift

Thanks for the great idea! I actually made this as a gift for my Brother-in-law and my sister for his birthday.  At the party, his sister fell in love with it and owns a real estate company, she is now having me do these as a gift to her clents when they purchase a house.  Royality check will be in the mail LOL

• Like 1

Where can I find a nice frame like that one that is shown on Etsy? I am trying to make one of these for my girlfriend and cannot find these frames anywhere! Please help me out!

Jo Anns sells them, my wife has picked up a few of them that we have used around the house for pictures. 

I see they have 11x14 and 16x20 but nothing like 8x18 like what is posted.. Hmm. The only thing I can think of is to buy a regular frame then get another peice of glass, just seems like a lot of work when I jsut don't know where to get them from.

I see they have 11x14 and 16x20 but nothing like 8x18 like what is posted.. Hmm. The only thing I can think of is to buy a regular frame then get another peice of glass, just seems like a lot of work when I jsut don't know where to get them from.

I tried that, buying several matching frames from Dollar Tree, planning to combine the glass from two of them to make one frame -- the metal tabs that hold the glass/picture/cardboard sandwich in the frame are visible through the glass, and if you bend them so they aren't visible, then they just barely hold the glass in place.  They can be made to work if you add a matte around the outside to hide the metal tabs.

I found one of these dual-glass frames at a Goodwill store (for $0.99!) and when you flip it around to look at the back, there is a smaller frame that goes behind the glass that gives the little metal clips something to hold on to without being seen.  The rabbit (groove) around the back of the frame that the glass sits in is much deeper in this type of frame so there is room for that rear frame to fit without being seen from the front.

I tried that, buying several matching frames from Dollar Tree, planning to combine the glass from two of them to make one frame -- the metal tabs that hold the glass/picture/cardboard sandwich in the frame are visible through the glass, and if you bend them so they aren't visible, then they just barely hold the glass in place.  They can be made to work if you add a matte around the outside to hide the metal tabs.

I found one of these dual-glass frames at a Goodwill store (for $0.99!) and when you flip it around to look at the back, there is a smaller frame that goes behind the glass that gives the little metal clips something to hold on to without being seen.  The rabbit (groove) around the back of the frame that the glass sits in is much deeper in this type of frame so there is room for that rear frame to fit without being seen from the front.

Okay, so is double pain glass frames the same at floating frames? When I look at them at the store, I cannot see the rear of them due to the packaging.

Okay, so is double pain glass frames the same at floating frames? When I look at them at the store, I cannot see the rear of them due to the packaging.

Can't say for sure - the one I bought at Goodwill didn't have any packaging...