tntitlepro

USCutter Plotters and Sandblast Resist

I have read every thread in this forum I believe and I still cannot come up with a good answer. Any advice would be MOST appreciated.

As near as I can tell, the ability to cut sandblast resist is a function of the correct blade (60 degree) and amount of downforce applied (250 grams +)

As I look at the comparison chart, I find that many of the USCutter branded cutters have ample downforce, especially the Laserpoint II which lists downforce maximum at 800 grams! I don't know if that's a typo or not but thats a lot of downforce.

However, when you look at what these machines CAN'T cut it clearly lists SANDBLAST RESIST.

I am confused.  Many of the USCutter machines have more downforce than the so called PRO machines that are listed as being able to cut sandblast resist so what is the story? 

It appears that I should be able to cut HARTCO 425 easily with the Laserpoint and maybe even the HARTCO 535.

HELP!

I have read every thread in this forum I believe and I still cannot come up with a good answer. Any advice would be MOST appreciated.

As near as I can tell, the ability to cut sandblast resist is a function of the correct blade (60 degree) and amount of downforce applied (250 grams +)

As I look at the comparison chart, I find that many of the USCutter branded cutters have ample downforce, especially the Laserpoint II which lists downforce maximum at 800 grams! I don't know if that's a typo or not but thats a lot of downforce.

However, when you look at what these machines CAN'T cut it clearly lists SANDBLAST RESIST.

I am confused.  Many of the USCutter machines have more downforce than the so called PRO machines that are listed as being able to cut sandblast resist so what is the story? 

It appears that I should be able to cut HARTCO 425 easily with the Laserpoint and maybe even the HARTCO 535.

HELP!

Your best answer would come from USCUTTER themselves.  Send them an email or call them tomorrow..

It does list the Laserpointer 11 on EBAY as having MAX pressure.... 300-350G

Vinyl Cutter Bundle - Sign Cutting Plotter w/ Sure Cuts A Lot Pro - Design/Cut Specifications Brand USCutter Blade Types Standard Roland blades and compatible blades Command sets DM-PL HP/GL automatic identification Comparison - Notes Higher quality than our popular MH Series. Driving Method Stepper Motor Interface Serial Port & USB2.0 Max Cutting Width 15 feet Max Pressure 300 - 350g Max Speed 15.75 Inch/s (400mm/s) 8 Channel adjustable 8 Channel adjustable Media Types Standard Vinyl, Heat Transfer Vinyl, Paper, Craft Paper, Card Stock, Paint Mask Memory 1MB - Recyclable Model Name 1MB - Recyclable Number of Pinch Rollers 2 Power Requirements AC220V/110V,50Hz~60Hz Repetition Accuracy 0.005IN (0.127 MM) Resolution 0.001Inch/step (0.0254mm/step) Contour Cutting Yes

I own the MH-Series Vinyl Cutter have for years now I have cut quite a bit of Sand Blast mask material you just want to go nice and slow with the 60' knife...as for presure you need to do a test and see what is right for your workflow..

Don't know your application, but for me ... ANY vinyl works great for blasting mugs etc in the blasting cabinet I bought from Harbor Freight .

• Like 1

Don't know your application, but for me ... ANY vinyl works great for blasting mugs etc in the blasting cabinet I bought from Harbor Freight .

Agreed - unless you'll be blasting stone or some other dense material that will require extended blasting times, even the cheapest of vinyls will hold up to what it takes to etch glass, anodized aluminum, etc.

The sandblast mask does look like it will be easier to remove, at least based on the video on the US Cutter site. 

• Like 1

I have a SMC sandblast system which included the photo resist film system.  Each sheet of photo resist is $7.00 per 8x11 sheet. I am wanting to get a cutter to reduce my cost, also there is sooo much drama using the photo resist procedures.  I am using a 1.5 CFM 6 gallon air compressor, as I only wish to create light etching on glass and mugs -- would you suggest to SC 24"  or CAMEO cutters using a low tack vinyl or what would be a better option - I have low budget constraints and would like to get a package for around $350-$400 (if possible).  Thank You.....

I have a SMC sandblast system which included the photo resist film system.  Each sheet of photo resist is $7.00 per 8x11 sheet. I am wanting to get a cutter to reduce my cost, also there is sooo much drama using the photo resist procedures.  I am using a 1.5 CFM 6 gallon air compressor, as I only wish to create light etching on glass and mugs -- would you suggest to SC 24"  or CAMEO cutters using a low tack vinyl or what would be a better option - I have low budget constraints and would like to get a package for around $350-$400 (if possible).  Thank You.....

once you decide on a cutter then just use paint mask for light etchings - will work great and come off easier than regular vinyl when done