Sign in to follow this  
koletsb

What programs do you use for the business side?

I was wondering what programs you guys use for all of the business side stuff... Inventory? Prices? and just business management?

Thanks

Brandon

Pencil ,paper , ledgers I have tried computer software but it seems redundant to take numbers from a ledger and put into a computer . Besides this has worked for me for over 40 years .

Dan

• Like 1

I wrote my own.

I does just what I need nothing extra. It does general leger,invoices, customer base info, tax reports,and a basic inventory and estimates.

Wrote the program about 10 years ago. If i need to add something I just write a new module and intergrate it to the old code.

Since 95% of my business is online I use a combination of Paypal and Outright. My Paypal account is a business account so it integrates with my shopping cart, gives me use of a debit card for instant access to money for purchases, and allows me to process credit cards by swiping with Paypal Here and manual with phone orders.

Outright then pulls all of the transactions automatically and allows me to sort income and expenses. With very few manual additions.

At the end of the year Paypal reports my income to the IRS and Outright prints out a Schedule C for me.

Best part is everything is stored in the cloud so I never have to worry about losing info unless ALL of Paypal and Godaddy's servers get sucked into a black hole  :lol: