Helmet_S

Jumping in

I am another newbie. I have been doing a ton of research and I am getting close to making a purchase and jumping in. Any advice and tips would always be appreciated.

Welcome from Indiana

My advice, Read, Read and Read,,   Most any question has been asked and answered a ton of times here.

Practice, practice and learn your software and cutter before taking orders. Learn how to vector images before taking orders.

• Like 2

Welcome.

A cutter makes a wonderful Christmas present (for yourself!)

Here is my best advice -- take a moment and determine if a CD graphics collection would be suitable for you to own:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALL-ART-MEGA-VAULT-CLIP-ART-FOR-VINYL-SIGN-CUTTER-ALL-8-HUGE-COLLECTIONS-/221168856158

or even this one --

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vector-Art-Mega-Collection-v2-Vinyl-Cutting-Clipart-/300552406662

christmas-design-vector-259937.jpg

Hello and welcome like Skeeter said read ,research and read somemore I would also add learn the operation of your machine before you even turn it on most have downloadable manuals so you can familiarize yourself with it operation before it arrives . And be very patient and if something don't work right try again .one more important thing make sure you adjust your blade properly to avoid damage to your machine that also has been posted on here . Good luck with your new venture .

Dan

• Like 2

Welcome...like the above said...practice, practice, practice , read, read, read...

and don't take orders before you can do a job you can be proud of.

Sue2

• Like 1

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I have been reading and reading for a while now. I am ready to make the jump.

Looking at the Graphtec CE-5000 24" and also adding a press for shirts and such.

Any advice on extras or a press. I wanted to stay around the $2000 mark but am thinking that is going out the window and I will be closer to $3000.