Sign in to follow this  
JPVinylDesign

Have a few for ya. Nothing special

Here is a service truck that I have completed for Taylor Rental where I work here in my area.

400278_478850818804704_1093931436_n.jpg

46551_478850992138020_1302229170_n.jpg

602569_478851082138011_2119366668_n.jpg

581509_478850895471363_322861713_n.jpg

311164_478851042138015_895640312_n.jpg

This was my first big job,

The local shop here in my area quoted then over $500 for the job. $120 of that was to remove the old vinyls.

I went on the cheap side but still made profit. I only charged $230 for vinyl and installation. But they had to remove the old vinyls.

I saved all my scraps from this job and made a few decals which i sold.

I came out on top. I have since made a 2x4 banner which I did for $35 for them. Local shop charges around $70 for banners that size. I thought was expensive. But I do not have overhead so I can always go cheaper. Well as much overhead as this shop does anyway. I have a free laborer. lol my soon to be wife. She does all my weeding.

oh and the rear window also has accross the back " Relentless Problem Solvers"

They provided the file. I just had to re-size and cut pretty much. I did have to move some points around though on the vector because they were a little off but other then that. it was easy.

Looks great . I wouldn't get into too much of a habit of leaving a lot of money on the table . Do quality work and use quality material try and please the customer and give a fair price but I would not give 50% off maybe 20% below the big shops it looks like you do good work and you should be compensated well for it .

Dan

Thank you for the compliment. Greatly appreciated. I am still working on my prices a bit. 20% sounds fair. I will have to check out the comp and see how fair I can be with it without stepping on toes. I want to try to be really competitive in pricing without losing a bunch of money either. So far I am growing and word is spreading. Hopefully I can get everything down and pat where it needs to be. quality and price wise. thanks again

ok so here is the only problem with your work i see. you need to charge way more for what you do. by you dropping the price that much you are single handed killing your market and the market anywhere around you. why would you go in half or less? have you price checked your local shops? if you just go 10% under what they are going to do the job for then you will get the job and keep the prices high in your area. if you keep going that low on jobs it will kill you in the end, because you will get all the jobs and then you will have to grow to a bigger place with way more over head. thats when it will hurt you the most because you cannot raise your prices that much to over the new bills. you need to price like you have overhead of a large space and your prices need to be competive to the shops around you. look at it this way you will make way more money for what you do. trust me i started out doing the same thing you are doing now and when i did move into the 1500 sqft warehouse the bills were not what i was expecting. so now i have to raise my prices and my customers do not like it.

all you have to do is call around to the local shops ask them for a banner, decal, or what ever tell them you would like to get a price for these items. they will give you the retail price, then you just go a little lower and BAM you are making all kinds of money!

You're work is clean! Good job on it! I do agree with previous posters about the pricing, giving them a 50% is a huge percentage off. Even $400 for the truck would be competitive imo.

ok so here is the only problem with your work i see. you need to charge way more for what you do. by you dropping the price that much you are single handed killing your market and the market anywhere around you. why would you go in half or less? have you price checked your local shops? if you just go 10% under what they are going to do the job for then you will get the job and keep the prices high in your area. if you keep going that low on jobs it will kill you in the end, because you will get all the jobs and then you will have to grow to a bigger place with way more over head. thats when it will hurt you the most because you cannot raise your prices that much to over the new bills. you need to price like you have overhead of a large space and your prices need to be competive to the shops around you. look at it this way you will make way more money for what you do. trust me i started out doing the same thing you are doing now and when i did move into the 1500 sqft warehouse the bills were not what i was expecting. so now i have to raise my prices and my customers do not like it. all you have to do is call around to the local shops ask them for a banner, decal, or what ever tell them you would like to get a price for these items. they will give you the retail price, then you just go a little lower and BAM you are making all kinds of money!

I do understand what you are saying. This price was for them. I work for them. And they have helped me here and there with a few things. And such. Was more of a favor. Trust me I do charge more. I try to use a formula I found online which works well for decals and stickers and such. But other then that I would have charged a minimum of around $350-$400. Which is still around the quote they were given from a competitor minus the vinyl removal fee (old vinyl). The banners and such that I make are sill giving me over a 30-70% profit. So the banners I am not worried about. Bigger banners will be a bit higher of course. depends on vinyl consumption. But back to the service truck. I have also done the tailgate that was replaced on the salesmens truck for Taylor rental as well. That was the same logo you see on the doors of the service truck. That I charges around $130. But doing the service truck got me a vendor position for Taylor Rental and has also opened up sales for me in store. I make there safety signs and custom safety gear for some of the construction companies in the area. All sold threw Taylor Rental. I make money they make money and the customer is happy.

Thank you for you concerns. I am very open to suggestions. As I am still learning. I never thought about what would happen if I were to grow to a point where I would need a bigger space with it own bills. That is an eye opener, definitely something to think about. Thanks again. I will check with the local shops to find out what they are charging and for what. I know of 3 sign shops in my area and at least 1 person I know who does vinyl from in house. I will check around.

I like the design, very clean looking. More importantly though, how do you feel about the breakfast at Dobb's Country Kitchen?

That is funny I am guessing you are from my area. I use to work at Dobb's cooking there breakfasts. LOL. Do not mind it at all. Have not eaten there since the floods though. Guessing you are someone I may know. :huh:

Thanks again guys. I love feedback. Have a good night.

That is funny I am guessing you are from my area. I use to work at Dobb's cooking there breakfasts. LOL. Do not mind it at all. Have not eaten there since the floods though. Guessing you are someone I may know. :huh: Thanks again guys. I love feedback. Have a good night.

I'm not from there, but I used to go there about every other month for the past 12 years or so. Dobbs being underwater was a serious downer for a long time.

Ahhh ok. As far as I know they are fully up and running agin I know there are cars there everytime I go by. So I am guessing they are open. I know they remodeled a little after the first flood. Dont know what they did after the second. I know the first was the worst. Ill have to stop in there and see how it looks and all.