JPVinylDesign

New to forums but have been with USCutter for almost a year now.

Hello,

My name is Jonathan. Bought my first cutter almost a year ago now and have done many projects since then. The oil and gas industry has been big in my area here for a little while now. I have been doing some signs and such for them. Safety signs for locations anyways. Figured I would join the forums to gain some information and try to learn what I can from everyone. I ended up buying a 34" SC Series cutter from USCutter. Started out with the GreenStar vinyl. But am now using Oracle 651 for all my signs. Have bought a few toys in between. 15" heat press, New computer, for doing the vinyl with a much larger screen, fluids, t'shirts, New printer for invoices, and a few other things. Trying to learn as much as I can. Want to build a business out of it and have made back already what I have paid in. So I guess that is a good thing.

And I wanted to say hello before I started rummaging the forums and asking questions.

Welcome! I am happy to hear of your success and wish you much more. It sounds like you have the drive and determination to make good. The sky's the limit!

Welcome, I'm over here in Maryland.

Just wondering, you mentioned "safety signs" but aren't those required to be done in reflective 3M 983(Diamond Grade™) or at least Engineering-grade vinyl?

Welcome, I'm over here in Maryland. Just wondering, you mentioned "safety signs" but aren't those required to be done in reflective 3M 983(Diamond Grade™) or at least Engineering-grade vinyl?

No these signs are pretty much just gas and oil safety signs for some locations. Pretty much just stating, fr clothing required, speed limit 5, DANGER hydro testing in progress. They only really work during the day here so that is all they require. No special materials needed. But if it were required. I would be glad to do it for them but of course for the increased fees of the supplies.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you all. I posted and then never rechecked the topic.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.