mabscotthandyman

NOT VINYL

This is not vinyl but about 30 percent of my installs are plastic lettering . This past Sunday 11/11/12 was beautiful so i decided to install this job it was scheduled 2 weeks ago when we got the 2 plus feet of snow.

post-4118-0-78475500-1352770683.jpg

post-4118-0-85364000-1352770718.jpg

@vm I actualy use a pattern from the layed out lettering on graph layout paper the holes are marked for the studs and then drilled the studs and pads are then coated with construction grade silicone ( $14.00 ) a tube and applied to the wall in the holes drilled from the pattern . Hope this makes sense to you

Yes it does actually- very similar then to how backlit or channel letters are installed then directly to the surface of a building face when no backing is used.

@vm yes the Cat letters in the other post are channel backlit lettering . I get most of my formed letters from Gemini there are several companys that sell them .

Dan

@vm I actualy use a pattern from the layed out lettering on graph layout paper the holes are marked for the studs and then drilled the studs and pads are then coated with construction grade silicone ( $14.00 ) a tube and applied to the wall in the holes drilled from the pattern . Hope this makes sense to you

Me being a proud Redneck/Hillbilly type :) . I would have measured off of the brick & or a chalk-line:) . Nice job

Thanks everyone

@ Rodger I use a brick mortar line as a line in lieu of a level line I discovered long ago a straight level line of lettering against a not so level brick mortar line will make your work look awful. So now I just align to what is ever close on the building . The layout on the paper is much easier on the ground then aligning and spacing on the building . Yuan also order a pattern from the manufacture at an added cost that is what I do a lot now ( I have got lazy lol )

Dan

I figured with your experience , matching what you are putting it on is better than having it perfect level . When installing decals , it is hard to decide what to align the decals with & get it right the 1rst try on some . That is installing on my own vehicles .. I try to avoid installations for customers . Some are ok with about anything & others there is no pleasing .

I figured with your experience , matching what you are putting it on is better than having it perfect level . When installing decals , it is hard to decide what to align the decals with & get it right the 1rst try on some . That is installing on my own vehicles .. I try to avoid installations for customers . Some are ok with about anything & others there is no pleasing .

Yep some customers are like a spouse no pleasing them lol ............................. you can tell my wife does not read my post

• Like 1

I always find some way for them to see it before it is permanent/ I know I am getting ready to lay my first wrap onto a Hyundai Santa Fe (2001) Turkey Day weekend. The design has to be nuts-on level to look right....

I will post pix when I am done, but I believe you guys are at a whole different level than my own with lettering mess like that! You definitely have my respect for field experience!