vinylmotivations

Graphtec CE5000-60 up and cutting WITH WEEDING LINES!

In several back and forth emails with Craft Edge, We finally have a revision that supports cutting with the built in graphtec driver in SCAL Pro. It requires the cutter be set at HPGL, but it WORKS!

Now I have a few issues to work out with it... but it WORKS!

11/7 - The latest revision of SCAL Pro that craft edge sent me seems to be working great on the Graphtec! Cutting, WITH weeding lines. Now to challenge them with contour cutting

UPDATED 11/9 - Another small update working with Craft Edge! CE5000 is cutting in HPGL and GPGL modes as well as Contour Cutting in GPGL. Craft Edge is working on contour for HPGL as well as, having gotten an FC7000 machine to cut, fine tuning that as well! I am looking forward to really punching this software into solid use for basic jobs!

Edited by vinylmotivations
  • Like 2

kind of like watching a bad version of windows develop after release -- it will get there .

• Like 1

I am pretty fond of windows 7 64bit -

Have you seen Windows 8 yet?

Have you seen Windows 8 yet?

not yet - the test computer I was going to put it on I ended up selling

I am loving windows 8. absolutely wonderful. Waiting for sai to upgrade flexi then my rip station all my design stations will upgrade to it. Discs are in the trays ready to spool up!!

Works better on desktops with a mouse. With the new multiple monitor support it is so much better than 7, the desktop side is top notch. runs clean, efficient and fast. I am booting on less than 30 seconds with a reg drive and around 10 with a ssd. Push button, sit down and bam, its up before I can look.

The latest revision of SCAL Pro that craft edge sent me seems to be working great on the Graphtec! Cutting, WITH weeding lines. Now to challenge them with contour cutting!

Woah woah slow down with the contour cutting....lets get .eps file support and node editing first :-) So far I"m becoming more and more happy with the software except the node editing.

-Scott

I mentioned the wireframe option to them, reporting that the lines are too bold, hoping to hear back yet tonight as most of my correspondence with them takes place between 8 and 11pm central time.

Software, once it is working is very very easy to use.

CE5000 working, HPGL and GPGL both are functioning with weeding lines. Have not been successful at print/cut operations. Namely because the software is not configured as of yet for Graphtec registration marks for the CE5000. Although it does work with the cameo, they just need to port over that portion of the driver and build/bake it into the software.

Another small update working with Craft Edge! CE5000 is cutting in HPGL and GPGL modes as well as Contour Cutting in GPGL. Craft Edge is working on contour for HPGL as well as, having gotten an FC7000 machine to cut, fine tuning that as well! I am looking forward to really punching this software into solid use for basic jobs!

I just received my "Sure cuts alot PRO" where it asks to choose your cutter ,Graphtec is not an option. Reading this I hope I didn't make a mistake purchasing this!

What option/cutter should I choose?

Thanks for any and all help! :rolleyes:

Mary Ann

Thanks! I will play around with this program this weekend and see if I can get it to work for me!

One more question, If I have SB on my computer there should be a problem having this program on the same computer should there?

Thanks again! MAry Ann

HOW DO YOU GET THE GRAPHTEC TO CUT THE SIZE THAT SCALP SHOWS? MINE WILL SHOW 6" THEN IT CUTS LIKE 2.75 IN IN VINYL. DRIVING NE NUTS