AAndrews19

Chiropractor Sign

1/2'' plywood, sealed. primed, and painted white and gray. Red and black are Oracal 751. Mounted with a 1-1/2" standoff.

From design....

post-18354-0-33806700-1349640918.jpg

To the real thing...

PhotoOct0731538PM.jpg

WOW! What program did you use to design that?

I use Adobe Illustrator for all vector work. If I'm going to print something, I use photoshop and create a contour cut in illustrator.

Thanks guys. There are a few things I would have liked to do differently with the design, but this was one of those customers who thinks he knows how to do his job AND mine... oh well, still happy with the quality of work.

The way i figure it... my job is to give them what they want if possible...so long as they are paying for it!$$$$ :rolleyes:

It is finished plywood. Cut out the shape of the sign in vinyl, applied it to the wood, and cut it with a skill saw. Cleaned up the edges with a file and some sandpaper... sealed, painted the white and gray, then applied vinyl for the red and black.

• Like 2

I dont know how I missed this thread. Good work it looks great.

Can you explain how you make the contour cut in AI? I have my printer, I just cant figure out how to utilize it.

I like the offset from the wall --

These things are available from US CUTTER (search "standoff" -- they come in different sizes)

http://www.uscutter.com/Standoff-25-x-60mm-Pkg-of-4-CKSOFF25X60MM

You have to tell your customer to periodically check behind the sign for bee/wasp nests, since those suckers love to use that space to build their homes!!!