Sign in to follow this  
Binford

I need help to find TCP/IP address for my cutter where is it located help please

Ok, i know a bit about computers but, But not enough to find where is my TCP/IP address for serial port i went to Device Manager but not sure where i am looking for .. i was looking for Serial port but cant find it i have one on my MOBO built in , I want to use my LiYu on Serial Port and not USB , Usb works but more of a problem then anything (i have to go though 10 steps with usb - figure of speech ) reset unplug and i can't get the Plotter to cut where i want it be at manually , idk i here Serial Port is way better so i want to use it .. Thanks

post-24933-0-95026400-1342222927.jpg Zeek and I, Can't figure it out HELP???

HEY Skeeter , I am using Flexi10 with the doggle usb driver, but i want to use Serial Port i have it hooked up and i go to change port in production manager and i click LiYu Cut SC Series and open it and i have the option to chose usb or TCP/Ip i am guessing that it Serial .. then i chose TCP/Ip and it says i have to put in a address and port number its on 9100 the port number to start with .. and no address its blank. so ok here is another thing .. the Serial Port works great with SignGo Light and it cuts with it .. but wont work for Flexi 10 ? Jeromy and Zeek is Lost lol .. i have search the Net over and over .. when i think of TCP/IP i think of Internet .. what would that have to do with Serial Port .. Flexi10 works with usb but not the greatest ..

Can any of you other Flexistarter and Liyu Sc series people connected with serial cable. show screenshots of your setups please for Kaywall1981

It would sure be greatly appreciated. thanks Skeeter...

Ok i don't need help anymore ,, i got it i had some things shut off in MSCONFIG .. my ports were not being reconized till i turned some things back on .. all good now .. Thanks Skeeter :) so am i to delete this topic or what i do after i post ? i new to this .. never done this ..

Just for future reference TCP\IP settings are Internet Protocol settings.. IE if you had your cutter set up on a local network that is when you would have to attach the address there.. Glad you guys got it figured out!

Ok i don't need help anymore ,, i got it i had some things shut off in MSCONFIG .. my ports were not being reconized till i turned some things back on .. all good now .. Thanks Skeeter :) so am i to delete this topic or what i do after i post ? i new to this .. never done this ..

Nope,, just leave the thread here...glad you got it...

1 hour ago, dasaro126@yahoo.com said:

Hi, I am having a similar issue now with my plotter, what was the solution? My error message says cannot connect to port and I think you might have the solution I need. Thanks. 

You do not mention what cutter or cutting software you are using to help you.  No mention of how you are trying to connect or which operating system you are trying to connect to.   That OP has not been here for almost a year.