what i mean is when you sell a decal lets say 2"x2" you charge..... $1.00 for a single color, how do you calculate how much to charge if you need to use 2 color or 3 in the same size?

what i mean is when you sell a decal lets say 2"x2" you charge..... $1.00 for a single color, how do you calculate how much to charge if you need to use 2 color or 3 in the same size?

not understand exactly meanings , i also want working out this :)_

I charge by size so if you are ordering 100 stickers that are 2 x 2 then i will charge you 35 cents a sticker ordering 250 i charge about 25 cents a sticker or for something like 6 x 4 1.60 each when buying around 100 and cheaper if you buy more...

Im a coder so i made a program that calculates out the costs by size, quantity, and few other things

These are my costs they may not work for you but hope this helps!

i know that, but if they ask you a decal of 2 color, how much would you charge? 70 cents or 45 cents or how much for the added color? thats my question :P

i know that, but if they ask you a decal of 2 color, how much would you charge? 70 cents or 45 cents or how much for the added color? thats my question :P

Lol my bad, yeah i have still been working on getting that cost down too, right now i think you would charge about 3 times the cost of a single color sticker if you get what i mean, i would like to see what others would charge to see if thats a good way to do it.

Well i take the total inches x the colors x the cost of my vinyl so 2x2=4x3colors=12x the cost of vinyl .08=0.96centsthen x the profit margin of 1.5 or more mine is 2.0=$1.92. or i cheat and go to

http://www.thesignexpert.com/TheSignExpert.com/Sign_Business_Free_RTA_Vinyl_Price_Calculator.html

and see how close i am to the cost. There are others that charge a flat foot rate or a flat rate.

I sell most of my decals for $6.00 for a 6"x6" one color and add $1.00 per color so a 3 color would run $8.00.

Hope this helps.

thanks, that helps.

the cost of the oracal 651 is 1 cent for 2"x2" for 1 color (thats very cheap!!!) so i guess i will have to increase the price a lot, as for 1 sq feet is 35 cents (without application tape of course) so i guess i can get a lot of profit with this =D thanks for the tips

.35 per sticker? Wow

Your not even covering your time AT ALL

hahaha not saying i will sell them for that, i will sell them for at least $1.50 for a sticker that cost me 1 cent, and the 1 sq ft that cost me 35 cents, i will sell it for around $6

Make sure you account for your labor rate.... you have to factor for the machine time to cut them, time to weed them, time to assemble them, the cost of masking, etc.

There is a lot more than just vinyl cost to account for if you want to be successful.

Make sure you account for your labor rate.... you have to factor for the machine time to cut them, time to weed them, time to assemble them, the cost of masking, etc.

There is a lot more than just vinyl cost to account for if you want to be successful.

well from my calculations, its only 1 cent for vinyl and transfer.

i am very bad with prices, when i go to someone's home to repair their PC, i charge them like $8 to $13, i have only charged someone $25 because i did a full maintenance to their pc and had to buy the compressed air can.

since the sticker is only 1 color, there is not much work, and weeding depending on the image, some are hard, some are easy, like the Miku one i did, its a 22"x23" and was thinking to sell it for about $7.69, i asked in a shop here how much they charge for a vinyl cut and they told me 22" x 1 yrd is $8.43 =\ i dont know if thats for the cut only but its kinda cheap, if i price my stuff higher, i doubt i will be able to get jobs =\ (i live in Mexico btw in the border to USA)

Attached is a quote sheet for my materials markup... If this is a low count or 1 off I'd charge a flat rate fee of $5.00 in addition to this and I would wave it at my discretion.

For example I don't charge a fee if the order is over $25.00, etc.

2CT Media, LLC. 05252012.pdf

lets say if you sold only 1, the cost would be $0.30 and u would charge them something like $5.30 lets say for buying 1, but if they buy 100 of them, that would be $30, then you wouldnt charge them the fee and would charge only the $30?

Yes in most cases... If its a very complex graphic with a lot of weeding I may keep the fee to pad my time/cover losses. Its all dependent on the client and situation. If you only cover your material expenses and forget to factor your labor, you'll go no where fast, take it from someone who has been there and is in the process of totally revamping their pricing structure.

We had over $150k in sales (not much I know) our first year but only profited 10%, then when we factored what our true labor was showed we had a loss of $255k

150k a year is a lot, 15k profit isnt a lot but its a lot better than where i was working, i could get around 6k a year without spending anything and by how the dollar is goin up compared to pesos, i would get a lot less

heihei ,you are very professional on this , if need hep i will ask you.thank you
  • Like 1