Sign in to follow this  
AISRob

Incomplete cuts with Flexi ONLY

Learn something new every day! Thanks Mz SKEETER, curiousity got the best of me and I took the top off to see, sure enough just like you said, had a screw in it-loosened it up a bit and now it will move. Thanks! -g

Learn something new every day! Thanks Mz SKEETER, curiousity got the best of me and I took the top off to see, sure enough just like you said, had a screw in it-loosened it up a bit and now it will move. Thanks! -g

lol ........... now who's laughing. rolling on the floor.. ;D Your welcome.

how long have you owned that thing.? LOL

Got it from a friend about 6 years ago, and he had said it was in his attic for about 5 years since he retired it. He also said he used it for years before that and told me himself that the one roller was not movable. It's a PNC-1000 but similar to whats in the manual you sent (smaller rollers bigger box) Wow, thanks

lol!! 6 years ago? maybe you should read a user manual now and then... I don't even own a Roland. I just looked it up.. :rolleyes:

Haha- it's an old Roland Camm-1 pinch roller-the rollers are barely bigger than the wheels on the clamps and one is stationary with the closest one 13" away. Did I mention it was old? It does not have a continuos roller on the bottom just a few places you can pinch to. Anyway, the MH-721 has the ability to adjust the rollers close together, but not the ability to cut the lettering completely. Good thing I have the old Roland to fall back on (cost me $300 and a couple beers from a sign bud who had upgraded)

http://i242.photobuc...sh/IMAG1344.jpg

I'm responding to your poke because no-one has seriously considered my question. I mentioned in the outset that I had Corel x4 and not Flexi, so I'm unfamiliar with those controls. The Roland performs flawlessly with the same file sent to plot, while the MH-721 leaves a small area uncut on virtually every letter, making weeding a test of patience, much like your post. I also searched the Corel section and could not find any help there. -g

I have used Flexi and Corel for cutting and it is actually either "knife offset" or "blade offset" and I am using Creation cutter "CTO330, CTO630, CTO1200, CS630" to be specific and I used flexistarter of different version. I am using 0.011 or 0.016 (default is 0.020) for flexi as its knife offset and used 0.45 or 0.5 (default is 0.38) for its blade offset for CorelDraw for Creation has plug-in for coreldraw. Small uncut part means offset is too low or lower (referred on manual). But you may noticed Setting on flexi, I decreased its offset. You just have to adjust it depending on its outcome.