Sign in to follow this  
MillsRacing77

My Us Cutter is dragging the Blade

My Cutter is dragging the blade.. I can see where it is cutting i lift up vinyl you cant even tell it done anything... I need to fix this asap.. And order a part or something... What do i need... its a 53' cutter..

A little more info might help. What cutter? Do you have the cutter grounded to the stand? What do you mean dragging the blade? It is supposed to drag the blade. Do you mean the blade holder doesn't raise at all? Do you have the blade correctly in the blade holder? Adjusted correctly, so that the blade is barely sticking out of the blade holder? Explain a bit better please.

sounds like you need a z-chip

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/product/product_id/1406/category_id/70/product_name/Z-Axis+Carriage+Chip+for+MH+Series+Cutter

Z-Axis Carriage Chip for MH Series Cutter

Z Axis Chip for Refine Series Plotters, models: MH365, MH721, MH871, MH1101, MH1351.

This chip controls the up/down motion of the carriage arm. If your carriage arm is no longer moving up/down then you will want to first call our support department to confirm that the issue is being caused by the chip, but this will most likely be the part that you need.

This part will ship via US postal service for free if your unit is under warranty.

do you have your cutter grounded to the stand? If you don't, static will quite possibly zap the chip again.