Sign in to follow this  
GTD

Computer will not command cutter

I just received a Refine MH721 cutter and the computer will not command cutter I am pretty sure I have everything hooked up and installed right.  The cutter seems to work we did a test and it worked fine but will not cut anything from the computer.  Can someone please help me.  Thanks.

You need to tell us what port you are connected to and what program you are trying to cut from.

Sorry, first I tried USB, then LPT know I have them both hooked up and still have trouble.  I am trying to cut from Signcut. 

Mine is running through the lpt port.You have to make sure that you go to settings and cutter in the signcut program and have the cutter set as the model you are using and the device has to be the same port that you have installed the cutter on.

OKay I have allready tried that a few times and I still can't get any response.

You also have to go to file and cut out instead of clicking in the scissors in the tool bar.For some reason that tool doesn't work in mine and some others as well.Have you checked your bios settings and made sure the lpt port is set to ecp?

Thanks for your patience and help but I can not find the bio setting.  I have went to file and tried to cut that way but still will not do any thing. 

The bios is the motherboard internal operating system.It is what tells the computer the display memory and port settings.Wen you restart your computer there should be a message like "hit delete to enter setup".It depends on the computer.Compaqs use f10 instead of delete anothers use f2 it should tell you which key to hit.Once you're in the setup program check the lpt port settings and chan ge them to ecp if they are not set that way.I wouldn't change anything else because a couple of the wrong changes will make it very difficult to bring the computer back up.

are you kidding me, is there another way we cant afford to take a chance in screwing up or losing our stuff on our computer.

No joke.If you are worried about doing it then try the usb setup.But I can't help you on the usb.I run mine on lpt and serial ports.

thanks billy we will try usb, and cross our fingers, or try to trade this unit for some colored markers. kidding

Marcel,

When I went into bios under parallel port it gave me three options (output only, bi-directional and epp). I did not find an ecp. Is epp and ecp the same?

Also, if the paper printer is connected via usb do I still have to remove the printer program (paper)?

I am trying to use the parallel port, set BIOS config to ECP, did aa test - it works, but doesn't cut anything else out.  ;D

Make sure nothing is installed in Printers and Faxes that may be conflicting with your LPT port. You could also try another cable if that fails. Then, if that does not help, you could always try another conneciton like the Serial or USB.

Email me directly if you need more assistance  kenimes@uscutter.com

Had a similar problem last week when we got ours.  What worked for me was using the cable for the COM port, not LPT, and even then, COM1 didnt' work, but COM2 did.

Make sure there are no other printers or faxes installed that may be conflicting with your LPT1 port. You could also try another connection method if available.