neinz

New to the forum and vinyl cutting in general

Just like the title says. I just purchased a VE QE60+ a couple of weeks ago and I am looking forward to posting stuff on the forum. It looks like there is huge community for support on here. I'm looking forward to swapping information with you guys. This vinyl stuff sure is addicting!

Welcome.

What was the first project you completed and said to yourself "Wow, I can't believe I just made THAT!"

(And it started you on this addiction) -- some people call it the A-HA! moment.

Just like the title says. I just purchased a VE QE60+ a couple of weeks ago and I am looking forward to posting stuff on the forum. It looks like there is huge community for support on here. I'm looking forward to swapping information with you guys. This vinyl stuff sure is addicting!

Where did you buy that at ? New - used ?

Where did you buy that at ? New - used ?

Rodger that is a rebranded graphtec sold by signwarehouse a good cutter. Hello and welcome from West Virginia

Dan

Hey Dan , I was within minutes of buying 1 of those from that company 5 years ago . I did an e-bay search & found USCutter & saved a bunch of money . 1 of my buddies had just bought that cutter ... he had MAJOR buyers remorse when he tried out my Copam . To be honest , the loyalty thing bugs me . Many people benifit from USCutter's forum , but don't show the loyalty & honor I was taught as a kid . Buying used etc , I understand , When I see members promoting USCutter's competitors ON USCutters forum , bugs me even more . Putting myself in their ( USCutter ) place , there would be alot less threads/ posts " IF " I had the delete button control :lol: . I don't believe anybody else would allow that !!! Would you ?

Hey Dan , I was within minutes of buying 1 of those from that company 5 years ago . I did an e-bay search & found USCutter & saved a bunch of money . 1 of my buddies had just bought that cutter ... he had MAJOR buyers remorse when he tried out my Copam . To be honest , the loyalty thing bugs me . Many people benifit from USCutter's forum , but don't show the loyalty & honor I was taught as a kid . Buying used etc , I understand , When I see members promoting USCutter's competitors ON USCutters forum , bugs me even more . Putting myself in their ( USCutter ) place , there would be alot less threads/ posts " IF " I had the delete button control :lol: . I don't believe anybody else would allow that !!! Would you ?

Nope one of the few companys that actual pretty much let the members bad mouth them and not be deleted. I looked at the ve cutters then like you ran across us cutters and bought my p cut for a song on eBay and have used them since. I buy substrate and lit sign supplys from pioneer supply or mumpower sign supply in bristol but my vinyl,tape mags,etc come from us cutter.

I don't pretend to buy solely from USCutter . Many times I buy local because of procrastinating ( I was going to join the procrastinator's club today , but figured i would do it tomorrow :) ) . I also buy 3' to 9" rolls of vinyl for lettering from a great guy on e-bay . I was wondering if the OP bought the cutter new from the other company & came here . I would understand as this forum is light years ahead of the other's .. we have Skeeter !!! :) . It made me wonder ...

Well, thanks for the welcome guys! I purchased the machine used on eBay for $300. I couldn't pass up that deal. Luckily, everything on the machine works as it's supposed to. I do buy all my vinyl and supplies from Uscutter as they have a warehouse in Washington and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Two days shipping, no tax and $9 flat fee for Fed Ex ground, all excellent reasons to purchase from there.

The good thing about buying the cutter is that it's forcing me to learn Adobe Illustrator. It's always good to learn new things like that.

I am loading up some pictures so I will post them in a minute.

This was one of the first cuts.

photo1aer.jpg

Then I did a quick one for my son's doorway.

photo5ux.jpg

Started to mess around with layering

photo2aeh.jpg

photo4lf.jpg

Wall decals

photo3xrd.jpg

photo2pg.jpg

photo1jr.jpg

Hello, my name is Sandra and I am new to the forum and new to vinyl. So new that I have never held a piece of vinyl and I am looking for advice on purchasing a cutter! I learned about your forum from Tshirt forums... I am starting a Tshirt business w/heat transfers. I wanted to also do vinyl for variety. Because I have bought a bunch of other equpiment already, I am working with a budget. Any advice on a low end cutter that can do vinyl, rhinestone templates and possibly twill. Have no knowledge in those areas either, but would like to expand later. I plan on a better cutter later, but I need to crawl before I can walk, and I can use the low end cutter as a back up for any unanticipated problems! Thanks for any input :D