Sign in to follow this  
absolute_customs

Accepting Credit Cards

Hello all,

I know this has been brought up before, and I have searched it, but I am still unsure who to go with. Squareup or Intuit Pay as you go?

Squareup-

2.75% per swipe, so for example on a $5 sale, I would lose around 14 cents correct?

3.5% + .15 cents per manual entered- On the same $5 sale, id lose 33 cents?

Next day deposits

Intuit-

2.7% per swipe- $5 sale, be losing 14 cents

3.7% per manual entered-$5 sale, be losing 19 cents

deposited in 2-3 days

My quesiton is, Intuit looks better on the % side of things, but which is easier to use? If there a option to email a receipt to myself and customer? option for signiture?

And are there any hidden fees with either? If there a record of sales I can look at to beable to tell what I have done sales wise, and how much in fees I have paid?

Thanks, and sorry for such a noob question

Justin

I have not used intuit but square is very easy to use + includes receipt email, signature, record fees, NO hiding fees. I use it once a while. Its infrastructural, is pretty bad ass, and they always improve it.

+Square

• Like 1

I just signed with intuit have not used it yet. My card reader has been sent and I will give it a try I mostly got this because most all my sales are on the site and not the office on both the handyman service and the sign sales/installs as I have stated before I don't sell decals or shirts etc. Just Signs,banners,plastic letters ,channel lettering and lit signs I will key in a deposit payment at the office over the phone but thought that being able to just swipe a card for payments on the job would work out great I guess I will find out.

Dan

I've used Intuit Go Payment on my iPad for over a year now. extremely convenient and reliable.

Did not have the swipe device when i first got it, but they sent me one later at no charge.

All my sales on normally being collect on location or by emailing a cc auth form.

If I had a retail store I might look for something different, but... i doubt it.

The UPS Stores if you have one in your area is carrying the Square device that attaches to your smart phone..They sell it for $9.99 with a $10.00 rebate upon activation...Deposits directly in your bank account and has no hidden fees...Works reliably..Very secure..You dont have to sign up for a monthly charge or anything like that so I am told..

Good luck

+1 for the square.... Went to the website, they sent the unit for free, has worked perfectly for over a year. I was looking for a device that worked wirelessly as I find myself tattooing at conventions away from home....

No experience with the others...

Bruce

Well I just signed up for Square, and got a email saying my reader has been shipped! I was playing with the phone app. lastnight, seems pretty straight forward.

I use squareup like many people have stated as well. I like it for the limited use it has gotten. Get my money deposited within 3 days so far. Haven't dealt with their customer service yet so I can't comment on that. 2.75% for swiped cards, no extra fees for the service. E-mail or text the customer a receipt, and you can add or take a picture to attach to their receipt.

You can always give it a try and just use something else if you don't like it. No commitments, I love it.

One more cool thing I liked about the square, is that when you use it, the customer signs, right on the phone screen, and the signed receipt is emailed both to your account and the customer...

Bruce

Some UPS Stores sell it iwth a $10 rebate if you want it faster than ordering it from the Square website...

Paypal is coming out with their own version now but not yet to be released

2.70% rate for swiped cards and PayPal transactions and 3.5% + $.15 for key-in and scan-in card transactions.

Sending electronic invoices and scanning checks are free of charge.

Comes with free PayPal Debit MasterCard (US only) which earns 1% cash back on purchases and gives you immediate cash access at ATMs.

Will be available for Apple and Android.

For more info: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader