Sign in to follow this  
Double A

Looking for a little assistance.. wanting to purchase a cutter

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/product/product_id/2005/category_id/3/product_name/USCutter+MH-Series+Vinyl+Cutter

Looking at this model in the 28" With stand.

Just looking for a basic one to start with because this will be my first

This cutter will be mostly used for cutting paint masks out to paint rc bodies. Then most likely shortly after that very shortly starting to print vinyl stickers or banners for people.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best Material for paint masks? etc.

There is a lot of people on the forum that use the mh series I don't have this one I have a pcut and a omega om 60. But this cutter should do what you need

Dan

Thanks for the reply

Would you have any suggestions on the best vinyl material for making paint masks or would any work?

• Like 1

I use the MH871 (34") for a full-time retail operation.

I run SignBlazer Elements as my primary cutting program.

Every day I'm cutting signs, banners, decals (RTA), and the one thing that I added (a catch-basket) is a huge benefit.

Making your own is a snap. Search the forum for assembly/build instructions.

For what you are suggesting, get vinyl that is easily REMOVABLE.

post-21408-0-84499500-1331520496.jpg

Thanks for the info and wow your setup looks great. Hopefully I can get to that point someday......

Would you have any suggestions on vinyl or material on us cutters website?? Looking to possibly purchase tomorrow night and wAnt to order everything at once

(Stencil Adhesives)

Is this something that you were talking about?

Thanks for the compliment about my set-up, but it's not really very sophisticated, all things considered. Just a vinyl rack on the wall, and the MH cutter (with my home-made catch-basket).

Not knowing what level of detail you are attempting to mask and paint, I cannot really answer about those stencil materials.

My understanding of what you're attempting to accomplish is to lay down a design on the surface of the RC car body, and airbrush over it, thus leaving the OUTLINE of the design?

If that's the case, I would think that you just need a roll of vinyl with REMOVABLE adhesive (ask your US Cutter sales rep to guide you in purchasing that type). Indicate that you want the equivalent of 3M series 50.

Also, don't forget to obtain a 3' x 4' self-healing cutting mat (brand name Greenie)

And a weeding tool.

Go for it.

Thanks for all,the help ordered all my stuff today

I'll let you knowmhow the first vinyls turn out