vezman71

Couple of Questions on surfaces.

I have a couple of questions I have orders for people who would like decals for their "grill boxes"; the boxes are made with diamond plate. What would be the best way to put the 16" X 16" decal on the diamond plate, using Oracle 631? Or do I need to get a better grade of vinyl? Thanks.

Also, has anyone put decals on the top of a YETI cooler? It's kind of textured, and I can't get anything to stick to it. Thanks for any help.

Thanks for any help. I'm just starting out, and looking for help from someone more experienced.

For the cooler use a little heat and wrap your hard card with paper towel and just keep pressing it more pressure the better. Takes along time but that will do it thats how I do rubber boats MC #'s at the local marinas.

I have used Oracal 651 on diamond plate tool boxes that go in a pick-up bed & diamond plate on my road tractor . Works great & as the advice above .... the warmer it is or with a heat gun ... the easier it is applying . I think 631 is interior vinyl that comes off interior painted walls E-Z without pulling paint ? Temporay stuff or for yourself since replacing them is not an issue , I would try it to find out how it does , but for someone else 651 is the minimum IMO .

Thanks Rodger, I haven't had a chance to use different vinyls yet (i.e. 631, 651, etc). I was hoping I guess to get that kind of advice too. lol The customer wants it right away, and the box is garage kept unless he's cooking for someone....I guess I'll have to reiterate the fact that the 631 I have on hand now will not last as long, because they want them pretty quick.

I appriciate it.

Thanks Rodger, I haven't had a chance to use different vinyls yet (i.e. 631, 651, etc). I was hoping I guess to get that kind of advice too. lol The customer wants it right away, and the box is garage kept unless he's cooking for someone....I guess I'll have to reiterate the fact that the 631 I have on hand now will not last as long, because they want them pretty quick.

I appriciate it.

They rate 631 for 3 years outdoors. I use it for rear window stickers. Don't know how long they will actually last. I also used it for several store front glass signs.

Mark