vezman71

Hello, from Oklahoma

New SC user, with flexistarter10. I've used inkscape before with Sure-Cuts-A-Lot. That's what got me interested in upgrading a little. The things people were asking me to do was limited by the Cricut I was using. lol

I've already found a lot of information out. I'm sure I will need more as I can't get my machine to connect to my cpu......I'm sure I'll find it some where on here.

Anyways, "hey everyone"

Vez

Hey Back :) ,

Comm port # not matching up in the device manager & in the software is the most common problem . Bad cable next . Do a test cut with the cutter . Plenty of help here , especially for those that ty to help themselves . Save some time & search member " Skeeter " 's content ( communication would be what I searched fpr 1rst ). That gal is amazing & is the leader of help here !!! :)

Comm port # not matching up in the device manager & in the software is the most common problem . Bad cable next . Do a test cut with the cutter . Plenty of help here , especially for those that ty to help themselves . Save some time & search member " Skeeter " 's content ( communication would be what I searched fpr 1rst ). That gal is amazing & is the leader of help here !!! :)

thanks so much Roger, You are also a great help here, with a delightful wit and insight.

thanks so much Roger, You are also a great help here, with a delightful wit and insight.

Hilarious :lol: , I am sure everybody would agree with my description of you , while I know there " may " be some who would not quite agree with your description of me :lol: . I like to think I help & give a real world , mature , adult perspective of the issue at hand . I enjoy when others do that same thing to me ... & I have changed my perspectives thru-out my life after insight from others .

#1 on Skeeter. Hello and welcome from West Virginia

Dan

Yeah, I got it to do a test cut manually on the machine. But I can't get the Production Manager to communicate. But, I'm using a USB port, and from what I'm reading....it's not the way to go. So, I'm going to get a card installed with a port, since my cpu doesn't have one right now. Thanks to all. I'm glad that there is such a good forum here, and I've read a ton already. lol

USB will communicate . Sometimes not reliable on the low end cutters . Try another cable . If you are installing a serial port, that is the way to go on the lower end cutters .

As ash would say key span adapter . If you can get a serial port that is the best connection. My older cutter is connected by lpt that works great also. Sometimes it is just a matter of gettin the right port assigned to your cutter.

Dan