Sign in to follow this  
sebgonz

MH-871 Desktop Model?

I've been looking into the US Cutter MH-871 for a while now and I've come accross one on ebay stating that it is a "Desktop Model". To me, it looks exactly the same as the regular 34" cutter just without the stand. My question is this: Is the MH-871 cutter able to be removed from the stand and used without one altogether? Also, since the one I'm looking at buying doesn't come with a stand, can I buy a stand for it later (from US Cutter) and assume that it'll "Bolt-On", so to speak?

I appreciate any help.

I've been looking into the US Cutter MH-871 for a while now and I've come accross one on ebay stating that it is a "Desktop Model". To me, it looks exactly the same as the regular 34" cutter just without the stand. My question is this: Is the MH-871 cutter able to be removed from the stand and used without one altogether? Also, since the one I'm looking at buying doesn't come with a stand, can I buy a stand for it later (from US Cutter) and assume that it'll "Bolt-On", so to speak?

I appreciate any help.

you will want a stand.. many on here regretted not getting it, when they purchased their cutter. I can't imagine cutting without a stand.

I appreciate the help, both of you. I think I'll get a stand when I get it. There seems to be no reason to get it without it.

Yes, get the stand, it has the rollers to hold the vinyl.

However, I wish there was a basket to catch the cut-vinyl output.

Yes, get the stand, it has the rollers to hold the vinyl.

However, I wish there was a basket to catch the cut-vinyl output.

some people make their own catch baskets..

Yes, I noticed one guy posted how he hand-made his, now I'm motivated to go out to Home Depot and buy the frame/crossbar materials, and then to WalMart to get some fabric. That's my project for this week.

All right, with a bit of ingenuity, a few self-tapping screws, and my wife kindly sewing the hems, I've got my catch-basket all set up.

Just in time, too, as I did a 10' banner and the vinyl dropped right into my new contraption.

post-21408-0-97318200-1330021593.jpg