mrextreme12

corrugated plastics

Absolutely, and that goes for all sorts of US Cutter items --- pricing on their materials is spot-on, they know the market and provide a wide assortment of the things we use everyday, helping us all to make money.

I will just take this opportunity to repeat what I said before:

Try to upsell your customers who want coroplast/bandit signs, and get them to buy into the 2'x3' size using TWO SpiderStakes.

It has been a very popular item in my store, as clients love the bigger size and get more BANG for their bucks.

almost all of my sales are non-local,Shipping is a Pain in the ass on the 24x36 or I would love to upsell. The boxes alone cost me almost $5 each..while the boxes for the 18x24 are $1.37 each. I almost bought 50 od the spider stakes until I saw the measurements. 26" long at the longest point...so I can't use the same box with the 18x24. If they were just 2" shorter, I'd go for it.

Absolutely, and that goes for all sorts of US Cutter items --- pricing on their materials is spot-on, they know the market and provide a wide assortment of the things we use everyday, helping us all to make money.

I will just take this opportunity to repeat what I said before:

Try to upsell your customers who want coroplast/bandit signs, and get them to buy into the 2'x3' size using TWO SpiderStakes.

It has been a very popular item in my store, as clients love the bigger size and get more BANG for their bucks.

what you getting on the bigger signs in your area..1 sided and 2 sided...You can PM me if you don't wanna post it...I am always looking into different areas what you guys get vs what I get in mine..I think it's a good gauge of what and where you price your stuff..

I find that USC does compete very well on the biggest part of things..I do find them cheaper from time to time else where and I buy from USC often...I urge other to as well...I wish I had a local supplier for coro and some things as others state they do

almost all of my sales are non-local,Shipping is a Pain in the ass on the 24x36 or I would love to upsell. The boxes alone cost me almost $5 each..while the boxes for the 18x24 are $1.37 each. I almost bought 50 od the spider stakes until I saw the measurements. 26" long at the longest point...so I can't use the same box with the 18x24. If they were just 2" shorter, I'd go for it.

Are you shopping for your boxes at Uline or an online supplier..I don't pay that for boxes at all..I have a supplier in STL that I get all my shipping boxes for my retail shipping store...I buy tons of boxes a year and rarely ever pay anything like that even for some of my really big boxes...

Where do most of your sales come from if you don't mind me asking...I see alot of Ebay sellers offering signs and decals and stuff...I would like to get the online stuff going but am really not into the fight of Ebay to beat someone elses price stuff..Do you have a web site you sell from? Just curious, I like the thought of getting into the online stuff hot and heavy..My web sites been down awhile..Not sure of how to fix it is all..Work in progress..Never really sold anything on it anyways...so no loss of revenue from it by any means...

I buy most from Uline but the big boxes,by the time I pay shipping,get expensive real fast. There is a local company that actually makes boxes, but they won't do less than a run of 100 of a custom size,and 24x36 is not a stock item. I don't normally ship enough at a time to need the big boxes, if it;s just 2 or 3, I just get big pieces of cardboard from the local mattress store and tape the crap out of it. I did get lucky this year..the day after Christmas I went driving and found quite a few big boxes where people had gotten new big screen TVs for Christmas.

The 18x24 I get at Lowes,of all places...$1.37 each. Uline is almost double that plus shipping.

Most of my sales these days are just repeat business from regular Customers. I sell on ebay but not much anymore..mostly to pick up new customers. I have a website but I don't sell directly from it.It's mostly just to let people see what I do.To be honest, I get more work than I want and turn down stuff all the time.There is a limit to what I am able to do,with my health the way it is,and taking care of my mom who has dementia.

If you want to pick up sales, try Craig's List. I put ONE ad on there 4 years ago,got ONE response before it ran out,and have been doing regular business with them ever since. One BIG order every spring,one in the fall. If I wanted more local business,that would be the way I would go.

Sucks sometimes but thats me..

:lol:I know a gal up north that appreciates that about U Stetty !!! :lol::bear::angel::bear:

Most of my sales these days are just repeat business from regular Customers. I sell on ebay but not much anymore..mostly to pick up new customers. I have a website but I don't sell directly from it.It's mostly just to let people see what I do.To be honest, I get more work than I want and turn down stuff all the time.There is a limit to what I am able to do,with my health the way it is,and taking care of my mom who has dementia.

If you want to pick up sales, try Craig's List. I put ONE ad on there 4 years ago,got ONE response before it ran out,and have been doing regular business with them ever since. One BIG order every spring,one in the fall. If I wanted more local business,that would be the way I would go.

I appreciate the suggestion for Craigs list..I have more than I can handle most of the time....Was just curious as to what might drive anothers business..I take others ideas as suggestions that might help me as well..I am a full line print shop as well as vinyl and banners and stuff...I also own a shipping and packaging franchise as well...SO as you can see I am busy with them so much I usually don't sell to the general public at all..No time to do a 6 buck decal or a 15 buck t shirt... Makes the I aint got no time to breath phrase just a wishfull thinking thought..NOT a reality....

:lol:I know a gal up north that appreciates that about U Stetty !!! :lol::bear::angel::bear:

Roger you know I keep telling you I AINT takin your GF..QUIT tryin ta give her away..YOu did it to ASH and ran him off now your tryin ta do it ta me to...NOPE NO WAY!!!!! :blink:

LMAO!!!! :unsure:

HeHe , Roxy is fun . She is a character like many of us . She takes it as good as she dishes it out , so i respect that . she has gave me some perspectives that has altered mine & does give some great advice , even if some hate it . Some of her perspectives are out there IMO , but I am sure everybody thinks that about most others .. Heck . some may EVEN think that about me ...

Back to the original discussion fast- Are those USA Spider Stakes really that great>? We had some straight line winds here in Des Moines this past weekend (Iowa, yes) that straight snapped off some of the heavier guage 1/8" diameter H Stakes.... How do these hold up?

Check if there is a denco close to you its where i get all my stuff, http://dencosales.com/

not sure about others but my store will deliver stuff they have in stock next day for free depending how close you are.

I have had bad luck with the spider stakes and any real estate agent/broker in my are would tell me to get bent if I tried to give them any such thing.

2 or more years ago when they first hit market you could wrap them around a post and they would not break. Now its hit or miss and I had hundreds fail in the field within a few weeks. I will not give them another chance.

Back to the original discussion fast- Are those USA Spider Stakes really that great>? We had some straight line winds here in Des Moines this past weekend (Iowa, yes) that straight snapped off some of the heavier guage 1/8" diameter H Stakes.... How do these hold up?

For one thing, the SpiderStakes have a single spike that really gets a good grip into the ground. In fact, when you remove the thing, it leaves a fairly deep hole/divot.

I find them to be much sturdier than metal stakes in high winds --- the signs attached to them don't fold over and become horizontal to the ground like what happens with the H-stakes (or snap off, as you discovered)

For the record, the company that makes them is now also producing a new item, called X stakes.

(The USAsignframeandstake.com website has not yet been updated to include this item, but it's available)

=======================

QUESTION for SA Graphix -- What do you mean by "fail in the field"?

I've put out around 40 and haven't had any problems.

Edited by slice&dice

They would break. The stakes would break. Mostly seems that twisting motions would cause them to fail, ie wind deflection and oscillation.

I know we tend to get some pretty good wind here in Iowa- Seems like those wind generators are popping up EVERYWHERE!!! I am torn, because I can buy the 1/8 (unsure of gauge) wire H-Stakes for about a buck a piece locally, as I need them... so not sure about spending 40$ on a 50 pack of these when the above may happen. Probably has everything to do with environment too. We go from below zero to 40 or 60 some days so I am sure temperature flux isn't good for composite plastic either.

I've always used the wire stakes...and I'm talking Thousands in the last 8 years. I have never,not one time,had anyone complain or request anything else.

• Like 1