LAcutter

Make-the-Cut software

Hello, I'm trying out the "make the cut' software using a USCutter MH 271 but when I try to cut, it asks me to select the COM port for the cutter. The problem is that I am using a USB but it doesn't show up. In Signcut I have it set up as USB002 and it works fine but I can't figure out how to set up with this software. I've had the same issue with Sure Cuts A Lot since the only software that has being able to recognize my cutter via USB has been signcut. I can use WIndows XP/7 as well as Mac OS X Snow Leopard if that helps. Signcut will expire at the end of the month so I am looking for an alternative software. Thanks!

UPDATE: I don't know how to delete this post but I already figured it out.

Can anyone help me get my Copam 2500 to cut from MTC instead of Signcut?  I have tried for years, but am not very computer literate . . . . lol . . . I have downloaded the driver from MTC, but I just can't seem to get MTC to recognize my Copam. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere, but I can't figure it out.   I would be so grateful! Thanks in advance!

Hello I'm having the same problem with my MH 271, Make the cut and windows 10. Does anyone know how to fix it? TIA

Without looking at your computer I can't help much, but I can tell you the USB connections is not a true USB connections. It is a connection to a cheap USB-to-Serial card in the cutter. You should find an entry in your devices page that lists the usb-to-serial and from there you can set which comm port it is. The other options would be, 1) the best option, if you have a serial port use it, option 2), buy a serial card and use it, option 3), buy a keyspan usb to serial adapter and use it.

Slice, I tried that file in your link but it keeps getting flagged for a virus, 2 different systems(avast on one, avg on the other) any suggestions?

Disable your anti-virus while downloading and installing. It's not a virus or infected! The anti-virus software sees the patch (for no more nag screens) as a potential generic threat. It's not and many of us (most?) have installed this very file.

I installed it on another system a while back without problems.

I turned off Avast, and I guess windows blocked it. I will see if i can find a workaround. Thx.