Sign in to follow this  
BossThinksImWorking

Graphtec and SignBlazer media rolls 12 - 15 ft before cutting

Frustrated and trying really hard not to take it out on husband and kids. I have my new Graphtec and want to use Signblazer with it, but, it's not cooperating. Thanks to Skeeter, I finally have SB working on it, but it's not working right.

Whenever I go to cut something, the plotter rolls about 12-15 feet of media before finally cutting somewhere in the middle of the vinyl. This is in Signblazer. However, in Robo Pro, it cuts at the beginning edge just like it should. Any ideas?

This is making me crazy. I don't know what else to do next. Hopefully, one of you guys will know what to do.

Thanks,

Carolane

when you start the machine, and drop the media bar to hold the vinyl. what are you doing next? What buttons are you touching? Walk me thru from the time the power is turned on your vinyl cutter. Then what?

I also asked you earlier as to what cutter driver name did you set up in Signblazer?

turn power on

(plotter says "load media")

I load 24" roll of 631

adjust pinch rollers to edge

lock the lever

press "enter" and it measures width

(plotter now reads "2 09u +1 19 30 2"

go to SignBlazer

hit "cut"

then "cut tile"

media starts feeding

stops at about 12-15 feet

rewinds

feeds again

moves to center

cuts

Hope this makes sense to you because it's driving me nuts!

Thanks -

Carolane

after you drop the load lever, you should be using an UP or DOWN arrow to get ROLL 1.... THEN hit enter. You don't say you are doing that. It has to be on ROLL 1, also hit ORIGIN after ENTER

Under page 2-8 STEP 5, of user manual. On Graphtec website is where I am reading from.

Then you should be pre-feeding the vinyl the length of your order,before you ever cut in Signblazer. That helps for your tracking.

What driver are you using in Signblazer?

Go back and read your user manual.

Have read the manual page AGAIN. Have followed every step and still it does not work right in SB. But, switched again to Robo and it works just fine. Does that make sense?

Oh, well, will try tech support tomorrow morning.

Thanks for trying, though. Appreciate your time and suggestions.

Carolane

Yes, it DOES make sense, I have asked you several times what driver you are using in Signblazer? What set up?, computer, operating system.?. You don't answer... The wrong driver can cause that. And they probably won't help you with Signblazer setup... Only their Graphtec software. and have you even tried to put it back to default factory settings?

Goodluck

start a new file and see if that helps. also turnoff the bounding box in SB you will waste a lot of vinyl with it.

you are better off just using illustrator SB is ok but if you have a graphtec install cutting master and just use illustrator. takes all the hair pulling out. i use it this way everyday.