Sign in to follow this  
derrick1217

mimaki cg60ex - flexi 10 starter - help with contour cutting

I have followed all the instruction outlined in this and other places.

Printed out the design with all the cut lines and registrition marks just fine.

The cutter is reading everything but cutting outside the cut marks and in some places it is reversing the cut of images?

I read the manual and found out the cutter has an setting to turn on and off the mark detector - which I have been playing with but still unable to make this cutter work properly.

Any ideas?

either use the instructions for Flexistarter 10 contour cutting. OR use the instructions for the Mimiaki vinyl cutter, if it is a contour cutting machine, but you can't use BOTH together, they are separate instructions. You don't use an EYE or mark detector with Flexistarter10contour cutting. . . The point it measures is from the middle of the blade. Using Flexistarter you must jog the cutter head and record the distance of the blade in the Flexi software,for each registration mark . You do not use any type of printed cutting lines. Only registration marks.

Thank you!

I was receiving an information over flow - but reading your reply - got me to stop over thinking and just follow instructions - the software was asking for a registration mark (1) and I was attempting to show all three of them !

Once I slowed down and stopped over thinking the process - I got it right and complete the small 25 black cheer leader's shirts in less than an hour - I thank you and the "south east sweeties" Thank you helping me reach there dead line!

Derrick