stickerman

Vinyl Express R and WINPCSIGN PRO

Just bought a new Vinyl Express R cutter and can't get my WINPCSIGN PRO software to cut on it. Someone please help. Thanks

• Like 1

I have an R31 Vinyl Express Cutter that I just bought from Signwarehouse from thier demo sale. Have no clue how to manually install the driver. WINPCSIGN PRo has drivers for VE and Redsail have tries to use both to no avail.

Is it responding at all? I had to install the driver from the disk for the plotter first then install the software. I also had to manually configure the Bit rate and all those goodies in the cutting software. I have had to do this with any machine I want to use my R31 with I even had to do it with FlexiSIGN I just did yesterday.

The help on the signwarehouse page did not work. It says the driver I have loaded is newer and is the correct driver.

With WINPCSIGN the cutter will not respond however when I switch to the provided LXI software provided I can get it to work. Problem is I have everything saved as WPC files and since I have been using this software for years would rather stay with it anyhow. How do I manually load the drivers for WINPCSIGN any ideas?

Thanks

The only other thing I can say is make sure that your ports are setup the same. IE my cutter is setup on COM 4. make sure that in WINPCSIGN whatever port is listed in LXi is the same as the one. Check all the settings there. Usually you would get a port error if it wasn't correct but maybe your software doesn't do that. To manually load the drivers for mine I had to paste the driver in the directory of the cut software and it then allowed me to install and find it there.