Sign in to follow this  
rhume

MH721 Plotter Problem

I purchased a MH 712 plotter on February 16, 2007.  I just received the vinyl and plotter paper yesterday.  I am using the Signcraft software and runninf Windows XP as the operating system.  The machine is connected to my computer using a USP, since I do not have a serial port of parrell port on my laptop.  When I first pushed the test button on the plotter control panel it printed a square box with a diamond in the center of the box.  When i connected it to the laptop and tried to print the signcraft template, and the pen moved from side to side continiously until i shut the plotter off.  I tried rebooting the computer and then reset the plotter.  Nothing corrected the problem.  I then disconnected the plotter from the computer and again tried the test button on the plotter.  Now the plotter makes alot of noise and prints lines and strange charecters.  It never prints the same thing when I push the test button.  please advise on how I can get this corrected.

I'm working with rhume to get a motherboard replacement which should resolve the issue.