I have a Copam CP-2500 that when it finishes a cut it goes back to the home position, but will not reset for the next cut and it still says "cutting" on the screen. To reset I have to power it off/on. Thanks in advance.

Which cutting program are you using? Has it always done this, or did it just start?

I get this too, apparently this is quite common after reading these copam threads but there is no solution I have come across yet. I am using SignGo Pro FD 1.20 with dongle. I only have this problem with this software. I couldn't get the Copam CP-2500 driver to work no matter what I tried. The Generic HPGL driver would work and cut the design but then it does exactly what you're saying, never finishes cutting or powering down. The screen says "cutting" and all buttons are unresponsive. The only way to kill this is to hard power off the cutter.

After extensive digging and learning HPGL (the language that the cutters speak) it became apparent that the commands tab of this program has an END input field of PU;IN; When I remove the IN; (which stands for initialize and the semi-colon is a line terminator after a command. PU stands for PEN UP) it would cut but then hang as described above. If I had the IN; command appended after the PU; command it wouldn't work at all but simply power up like it was going to cut but then essentially froze and nothing actually happened. Again freezing the control buttons on the cutter's panel. So it would seem to me that the HPGL commands that some software manufacturers are using, do not seem to work properly with the Copam CP2500 under USB connection. I'm not exactly sure if it's a WIndows 7 thing or if it affects XP or 8.1 or 10 or even 32bit vs 64bit. Anyhow, it's either a FTDI Virtual Com port driver problem or a problem with the cutting software itself. I am leaning towards the cutting software itself because I have successfully cut COMPLETELY using Sign Cut 1.96, SignBlazer Elements 7 (which is the UK patched version, really version 6), FlexiSign 8.6 and Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 4.036.

So ya, long story short, I too feel your pain on this. I know this thread is old but there is definitely a problem with the Copam CP2500 and something on WIndows 7 64bit.