derrick1217

Help Requested !

I have been working with my machine Mikmi CG 60EX for less than one year – had a real ruff start but have acquired knowledge threw boards and US Cutter personal which has gotten me threw the rough start!

I purchased 25 CD of truly Vector drawings from a shirt guy going out of business on e-bay – which gave me a wonderful start – of hundreds of design shirts and graphics for creating new projects

But to be create I understand that I must learn to create on my own.

The question now that is bothering me is – I have CS2 and cannot seem to figure out how to convert a drawing to the format which it can be cut by the plotter – I either scan in or draw a graphic save it to esp. format and when trying to highlight the object for cutting in Flex8 starter – nothing but blank space?

What am I doing wrong?

just because you save something as an eps does not make it cuttable. your need to vectorize it. you should download inkscape. it will convert an image into something you can cut. the program is free. there is alot of people on here that use it. so you will find alot of help for it.

just because you save something as an eps does not make it cuttable. your need to vectorize it. you should download inkscape. it will convert an image into something you can cut. the program is free. there is alot of people on here that use it. so you will find alot of help for it.

Thank you where on this board is the down load location for this software?

Search Inkscape on the net . That way you will get the latest version . I would assume the download here would be in the Inkscape section of the software section of the home page . ;)

Thank you !

I have down loaded it - and viewed the video instruction on this forum concerning how to use it !

I am very excited to see - what I might be able to do now !

My system went down a few days ago - was forced to load win 7 - - reloaded adobe cs2 - the cs3 I have is an update and it is not loading - so the answer to your question is - I have it but if I am right it is only available on the update cs3 which is not loading at this time!

My system went down a few days ago - was forced to load win 7 - - reloaded adobe cs2 - the cs3 I have is an update and it is not loading - so the answer to your question is - I have it but if I am right it is only available on the update cs3 which is not loading at this time!

I have adobe CS2 only, and vector/live trace in it all the time...

OBJECT> LIVE TRACE>MAKE AND EXPAND> SAVE AS

• Like 1

Thank you so much again! I have been doing some amazing things - with my little knowledge of inkscape - now I am going back to illy and attempt to create traceable files there ! Using the advice you just gave me! You can not believe how happy I am at this point! :lol: Everything is working so smoothly! Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - All!

You are right that fuction is there - I am with you on Object - Live Trace - but was lost with the Make and Expand? Where is that option located

I have adobe CS2 only, and vector/live trace in it all the time...

OBJECT> LIVE TRACE>MAKE AND EXPAND> SAVE AS

You are right that fuction is there - I am with you on Object - Live Trace - but was lost with the Make and Expand? Where is that option located

it is an > to live trace> it will be available if you have something there to live trace. otherwise it will be shaded out.

• Like 1

Thank you - I now understand the process!

Now I have to work with it a bit to get a better understanding! Of what I am doing!

Thanks again!

One last question on this topic - have learned to make the cut lines but - the cut lines sometimes cross into the picture - if I only want the outline is there a why to keep the cut lines on the outside of the image.

Second question I saw a video of the cutter plotter cutting business card flyers - and they were moving the path line to make special cuts - 1. what size stock paper is used for business card / flyers and where can it be purchased 2. Where can I gain some quick education about working with paths and cleaning up graphics