Sign in to follow this  
iburnclothing

Cutting Software Besides Signblazer?

Alright well signblazer is fun and all to play with but I have had enough. I have continuously tried to use it but now and then it wants to be a royal pain. I have hard enough time getting on track since I am a web designer, clothing designer, graphic artist and so on. I just dont have time to mess with this anymore.. Anything that can do the same out there for the Laserpoint?

:why:

Well i am curious why SignBlazer is not suitable for you?

What has caused it to be a pain?

I realise that SignBlazer is not for all people.

You may be one of these.

Perhaps before you jump out of the frying pan into the fire you should look at other sign software and then make a decision.

If you know mainstream programs back to front then just buy a plugin for Illustrator.

If you design all this stuff how about showing some it here?

I ams sure we all would love to see your work.

Good Luck in your search.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

If you want software that designs AND cuts, you could get the full version of Flexi for about $2000. Or you could save the money,spend some time reading posts here,the manual,etc..and learn how to use Signblazer.I've tried them all and Signblazer is the easiest to use.

I also am curious as to what you seem to be having problems with. A few details would help.

I feel ya pain.

Download SignCut-X2. Extremely Cheap (like 15 bucks for 3 months)...

Also, download the freeware program Inkscape.....draw your stuff and use the FREE plugin (SignCut website)to import directly into SignCut and CUT!!!

Extremely easy. (period)

Check out www.iburnclothing.com and click on my links to see a few of my sites. Beta testing software for me is nothing new. Buggy stuff is all good to me. I am not a champion with computers, but I make a living with them so I am pretty decent. I also understand with how cheap its sold for (laserpoint), that I would have problems with the software.

I AM NOT HERE TO BASH SIGNBLAZER!!

That being said.. I have had my cutter for less than two weeks now. It works great. For me signblazer is very temperamental. Sometimes it wont make the cutter respond so I have to shut down the cutter or the program. I have had to reinstall signblazer a few times because of some random error that will pop up as I start the program. When I say a few I mean no less than 7 times. Cool, no problem. I cant cut a print in landscape mode? Screw it, no problem. Measurements go crazy sometimes, fine. Corruption after I save files and then can no longer open them. Now today I tried twice to cut a printed page (which I have done before but nows the time to get the cuts adjusted) and the file goes corrupt, cutter will not respond. SO I shut it down and restarted everything just to open signblazer and it not work so I have to install again. I even registered it and never got a key.

Its hard for me to get motivated as it is. I work from home and a stay at home dad.. So between cleaning and making the kids happy I have plenty of work to do. I can mess with just about any software out there and code pretty decent. I have never had a cutter before so YES, it is new to me. What kind of work do you want me to post up Jerry? I didnt mean to get you all upset about your program man.

Guest fivestar

I even registered it and never got a key.

I'm not the one to answer this question but it sounds to me like maybe it is in test mode and I heard signblazer doesn't work properly in test mode.  Honestly I don't know as I have never used the program, I'm sure Jerry will be around shortly to answer it more correctly.

Fivestar is right. If you never got a key you are not running in full mode. The fact that you reinstalled so many times without a new activation every time told me that. The version you have is not Beta.

I tested Signblazer before US cutter started selling it. With no help,no advice,etc..I never had any of the problems you are having. However, I didn't have the laserpoint model and that could be a factor.

But I suspect once you get it properly installed,and the settings correct.Signblazer will work just fine for you,as it has for me since last June.

I appreciate that you are saying that you are not bashing SignBlazer.

Obviously you have problems, big problems.

You wrote

Sometimes it wont make the cutter respond so I have to shut down the cutter or the program.

This is nothing to do with SignBlazer.

This points to a communication problem between your computer and the cutter.

NOT A SignBlazer problem.

There have been many posts on this subject.

with many different solutions.

I have had to reinstall signblazer a few times because of some random error that will pop up as I start the program. When I say a few I mean no less than 7 times. Cool, no problem.

Again if SignBlazer is not stable on your computer then i feel you may have an underlying problem.  The very last thing that you do is reinstall a program.  This achieves little or nothing unless you are sure there are corrupt files.  There are thousands and thousands and thousands of users of SignBlazer out there.  If there was a major problem such as you are experiencing then we would be out of business.  SignBlazer is most likely the best behaved computer graphics software that it is possible to buy.

Surely if this happening with SignBlazer then your copy of Illustrator must be driving you mad.  Mine crashes as soon as look at it. 

I cant cut a print in landscape mode? Screw it, no problem.

I have no idea what you are talking about here.

SignBlazer's normal mode is LANDSCAPE.

It is quite an effort to work in portrait mode.  So why are?

Measurements go crazy sometimes, fine.

This is a new one for me. Has anyone else had this happen?

There is NOTHING in our database of reported bugs on this for over a year.

Corruption after I save files and then can no longer open them. Now today I tried twice to cut a printed page (which I have done before but nows the time to get the cuts adjusted) and the file goes corrupt, cutter will not respond.

If you have corrupt files that you have something wrong with your computer not SignBlazer. 

There is NO WAY for SignBlazer to corrupt files.

SO I shut it down and restarted everything just to open signblazer and it not work so I have to install again. I even registered it and never got a key.

If you never got your Activation code then why haven't you contacted us or anyone?

You can even get it online.

http://www.colorchromefirst.com/sbe_activate.htm

So there is no possible excuse to say this at all.

I checked your website.

Went to Gallery i was quite surprised to find nothing.  Any reason?

I just don't believe that every other graphics program works on your computer and SignBlazer does not work.  Very fishy.

I can mess with just about any software out there and code pretty decent. I have never had a cutter before so YES, it is new to me. What kind of work do you want me to post up Jerry? I didnt mean to get you all upset about your program man.

You are blaming SignBlazer unfairly when it appears you really have computer problems.

If you "code pretty decent" then you are -- i am trying to put this diplomatically --  i know what to say -- just post an example here for me to look at.

If you are genuine then you need a lot of help.

you appear to have very serious hardware problems.

I just don't think you have just a SignBlazer problem. You really appear to have a massive computer problem.

As to posting work when someone says they are good i want to see the work. So show us all some of your best work when you claim you are an experienced designer.  I could find no original designs on your website only some hard to see photos you apparently put on T Shirt.

If you are having these problems with SignBlazer and at this moment I believe you, there is no way that Illustrator and PhotoShop work correctly or any other sign software will work for that matter on your current computer.

So let some of the real hardware gurus here help you sort it out instead of kicking SignBlazer.

Jerry from SignBlazer.,

Really looking forward to seeing

some of your code

some of your design work

and i am sure others are as well.

After all here are your words

"I am a web designer, clothing designer, graphic artist and so on"

So since I did not put in the activation code it acts nuts? That is a odd way of making people want to buy the program if they are using it in trial mode like I did. Well I am going to try to register it again and see if that helps. Just as I was checking on this thread I opened up SB and got the error I usually do. At this point it will not let me open it up until I reinstall it.. So here goes my 8th time or whatever it is..

shot.jpg

Why is this a me vs you now? I am not biting into your efight. I have a problem with your program. I wanted to see other alternatives, I explained my problems, and now you are trying to test my integrity by having me post all my work. This is not about me man. This is about your program not working for me.. This thread was to ask what can I use besides signblazer. I answered what was asked.

I dont know why you are taking this to the heart Jerry.  :huh:

I thought this is a place to discuss issues with these products.

When SignBlazer is run in trail mode it becomes a pain to use as there are nag messages etc.

It does not do anything else. It does not go nuts.

However i have just looked at your error.

I just don't know what to think.

The message says

"Cannot run C:WindowsSignBlazer LiveUpdate.exe Try Running SignBlazer Again Error Code=2"

When i see this i know what it means and i am reluctant to accuse you of anything however

This is not right.

The SignBlazer install program does not install anything in the Windows folder.

This is a big No-No

So the only way for this to be in the Windows folder is that for the user to put it there.

Of course it will never work there.

The user can deliberately put it there by

a. use Custom install

b. copy it there.

So have you deliberately installed SignBlazer in your Windows folder?

If so why?

If you really can do any code surely you would know that you cannot install software into the Windows folder.

And you would know all the problems that will happen when this is done.

So if you are genuine then uninstall SignBlazer from your Windows folder and install correctly where the install program points.

Are you really, really smart and out to trash or are you not so smart and made a mad, bad mistake, accidentally?

I think that there are a number of us now would like some answers.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

I dont see any code posted nor do i see any of your graphics posted.

shot2-1.jpg

Yes its true, I came home, and quickly opened it. Found two disks, the cutter and no instructions. I DID Change the default directory. On eBay theres tons of stuff made in china. Some of there stuff is a little hairy so you have to question what any software they are sending you. So yeah I did that. I was just quick to see if this would even work for the great price I got it at. You got me wrong from the beginning. I frequently use and contribute to various open source programs, and do all the work I claimed. I am here for support like the rest. This is not my personal "I hate signblazer" blog. My website has some of my work on it. If you are not impressed well thats ok. What is the default install directory? I am here to learn.

In Jerry's absence I will answer one question. When you install,it should create it's own default directory. You shouldn't have to do anything. This default directory should be in PROGRAM FILES.

With Signblazer in the Windows Directory,I am surprized that the computer even boots..not surprized by all of the wierd stuff that is going on. Uninstall it,reinstall and alow it to create its own directory, wait for the registration to go through,get the activation code,etc. Make sure you have the right settings on both the computer and in the software. This includes ports,baud rate,etc. If you have problems with this,PM Ken with your phone number,he will call you,and walk you through it.

Then try it out.

DOn't get disheartened...if my brother can do it,anybody can.

Hi,

I just installed signblazer.  Upon installation it tried to do a liveupdate and failed because it could not find the server.  The program then started after I canceled the updated.  Everything seem to work ok....I was just looking around since I don't know what I'm actually doing with the software yet, plus the shipment of vinyl just came in today.  Anyway I close the program  and pull the lasercut from the back get it plugged up and reopen the program and get the

"Cannot run C:WindowsSignBlazer LiveUpdate.exe Try Running SignBlazer Again Error Code=2"

I know I just went with the defaults (because I don't know anything about the software)...I did not notice it asked to create a folder on the root...c:sbd.  I found odd, but just kept clicking next anyway.

I uninstalled the program, I went back to uscutter and downloaded the exe again, just to make sure.  exactly the same thing happend before...update couldnt find the server, went into the program.  close the program...tried to reopen....bam.

before I start digging into the registry...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Damian

GraphiCoffee & T's

Hi,

I just installed signblazer.  Upon installation it tried to do a liveupdate and failed because it could not find the server.  The program then started after I canceled the updated.  Everything seem to work ok....I was just looking around since I don't know what I'm actually doing with the software yet, plus the shipment of vinyl just came in today.  Anyway I close the program  and pull the lasercut from the back get it plugged up and reopen the program and get the

I know I just went with the defaults (because I don't know anything about the software)...I did not notice it asked to create a folder on the root...c:sbd.  I found odd, but just kept clicking next anyway.

I uninstalled the program, I went back to uscutter and downloaded the exe again, just to make sure.  exactly the same thing happend before...update couldnt find the server, went into the program.  close the program...tried to reopen....bam.

before I start digging into the registry...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Damian

GraphiCoffee & T's

By default SignBlazer is set to check for updates. Because the update server is no longer online (company is out of business) it errors out. To correct it change the target that SignBlazer is looking for.

Right click on the icon where you start SignBlazer. (On  your desktop, in the quickstart menu or in Start + All Programs, where ever you start it from.) Select Properties and change the Target from SB.exe to SBNT.exe

This should cure it.

My friend recently bought a US Cutter STRAIGHT from the company, and when he received it, it came with a BURNT COPY of Sign Blazer!!! And A BURNT COPY of the drivers!!! WTF is that??? The company also told me that everything runs on Windows 7, which it does not! So my friend installs everything on his rig running XP! He has a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz processor, Ati RADEON HD 5770 video card, and a Gigabyte P35-SD3R motherboard! And still the program does everything that these other people have described above! So don't be an oppositional person and blame everything on peoples computers! I also have FIOS internet, so I know my problem does not come from that as well! The program almost never gets my eps image accurate! I have to spend 4 hours making Mario's head from nintendo to Mario's head from the Wii! YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! I bet your going to tell me that its the company's fault for giving me burnt copies, or still that its my computers fault.

why are you ranting to a post that is over 2 years old?   ;)

It doesn't matter whether it is burnt software or not, The software company is no longer in operation, matter of fact you can download the software and drivers right from this forum and use them,  They are FREE ,   Many people on here run on windows 7, ,  Just do a search for windows 7 on here.   By the way....  why isn't the purchaser writing?  I hope they have a better attitude. You might want to consider doing more homework before ranting. You will get more help that way.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,21665.0.html

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=5&pcid=0&nav=0

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,28928.0.html

There are plenty of people using SB with Windows 7...if you use the search feature on here you might find a few answers

As for the burnt copy... Signblazer went out of business when the owner died 2 years ago.

When you buy a cutter, you have the option of FREE Signblazer or paying for more current software.

I also suggest you adjust your attitude to a less confrontational one if you expect any help on here, Doctor.

using signblazer myself on a win7 64 bit.  if you don't like the free software for accuracy then buy flexisign 8.6 pro.  I am sure you will be happy.  Jerry was way ahead of his time before his death but after his death there has been no further development due to the battle over rights, and yet the product still serves thousands with 2 new operating systems that came out since then

So since I did not put in the activation code it acts nuts? That is a odd way of making people want to buy the program if they are using it in trial mode like I did. Well I am going to try to register it again and see if that helps. Just as I was checking on this thread I opened up SB and got the error I usually do. At this point it will not let me open it up until I reinstall it.. So here goes my 8th time or whatever it is..

shot.jpg

I use sb in trial mode, haven't registered it yet mainly because I dont know if/where I want to use it. (I have a few different places I work)

That being said, there are issues about it I dont like and pretty much will move me to another package if I continue to work with vinyl.

But from what I read about your complaints, I would suspect some of the issues are related to problems with your PC or OS (the rebooting etc).

Are you running this on XP or Vista/Windows 7?

shot.jpg

I use sb in trial mode, haven't registered it yet mainly because I dont know if/where I want to use it. (I have a few different places I work)

That being said, there are issues about it I dont like and pretty much will move me to another package if I continue to work with vinyl.

But from what I read about your complaints, I would suspect some of the issues are related to problems with your PC or OS (the rebooting etc).

Sign blazer is trial mode only, and cannot be registered,  It is no longer a company,  You can download and use Signblazer on as many computers as you want .  It is FREE software.  You can download it right from the forum.  .

shot.jpg

Sign blazer is trial mode only, and cannot be registered,  It is no longer a company,  You can download and use Signblazer on as many computers as you want .  It is FREE software.  You can download it right from the forum.  .

Thought i read something in the 4ums about using the registration code multiple times causing a problem....?

This is why I never entered the registration code....