cncartworks

Motherboard came in, and cutter strip question.

First of all I got my replacement motherboard today. I installed it and it works fine. An interesting note. I mentioned this to the guys at USCUTTER. There are 2 devices screwed to the frame of the cutter, transistors of some sort. The new ones had insulators with them like thin silicon sheets. the old ones had none. Maybe this is why we had problems. You guys who had problems with the motherboard should check to see if yours is the same.

The second item is this. I ordered 2 new plastic cutter strips for my machine for future use. When I looked at them they are 1/4 inch. The question that I have is my machine looks like the strip is 1/2 inch. Is it 2 pieces or what?

You're probably right.If the capacitors were'nt insulated then  it was grounding to the frame.I think they may have sent you the wrong strips.R2 has about a 1/2" strip and the cp-2500 has about a 1/4".

It does seem most of the replacement motherboards I've seen have those two tabs attached to the cables on the motherboard that are connect to the body of the plotter. It could have contributed to your problem since they were not originally there. The replacement cutting strips are all 1/4 inch wide but different lengths for the different size plotters. The front cutting strip is a different material that is like soft fuzzy paper and we do not currently have replacements for that.