Sign in to follow this  
orbitgrfx

Problems w/ Preferences in SignCut Pro

Hello to all...

I recently downloaded the free 'scription of SignCut Pro after being thoroughly dis-allusioned w/ SBE.

I like the way SCP is laid out with minimal settings, however, I still have problems understanding the

process from start, to cut. Is there a user manual for SCP that explains the commands, buttons, and settings, etal?

The help files are incomplete and the video tuts are meaningless.

Problems that I'm having are setting up for the cut; for instance, the tile size jumps back to 1968" in x 24" each time a do a set-up.

According to the intro video, there should be 5 command panels, whereas I only have 4 on my copy (the Tiles panel is missing).

I try to cut and there is an error message saying "no tiles selected"? While I thought I'd figured that one out, it keeps popping up from time to time. What causes this?

My COMM port vanishes sometimes, and the option disappears altogether in the cutter setup window until reboot.

Is there a way to 'lock in' your preference settings without having to check and recheck after every change in the cut file?

I'm using XP Pro, Illy CS3, SignCut Pro Production, MH 871, Epson WF1100,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Chase

Hello,

We have a number of video tutorials on YouTube, in case you didn't see.

Here's the basics video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TWwLzROlDY

You can find the rest on our channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SigncutPro2

I try to cut and there is an error message saying "no tiles selected"? While I thought I'd figured that one out, it keeps popping up from time to time. What causes this?

Have you selected an area to cut?

Is there a way to 'lock in' your preference settings without having to check and recheck after every change in the cut file?

The settings should save automatically, I think. Are you on an administrator account?