When the carriage makes a straight cut (and some angle cuts) from left to right the blade holder "chatters" or vibrates causing a "dotted line" cut, like the blade is bouncing. Right to left cuts are no problem. Is there some kind of adjustment to fix this issue? Tried blade depth and pressure.... The plastic blade holder seems to vibrate and bounce and it appears as if its not sliding smoothly on the vinyl. Tried everything I can think of.... anyone had this problem or know a fix...?

Take the blade holder out and check the end the blade goes into. Someone recently had a similar problem and it turned out to be a broken holder. Try looking for a crack with a good light and magnifying glass.

Maybe someone else has another idea?

blade out too far .............

Might also help to know what type of vinyl plus the speed & pressure settings?

And this is how I set my blade height, also on a PCUT:

blade out too far .............

my guess also and a drop of 3 in 1 oil in the holder never hurts (or graphite)

Hi Guys and thanks for all your advice on this issue.

I have been having this chatter problem myself for a few weeks on my refine Pro 48, and tried all the troubleshooting that was offered here .

Though unsuccessful they did prompt me to try something else .... i swapped the blade holder internal from my old (now parts machine) MH721.

Bam problem solved . i think it may have possibly been the tiny bearing in the end of the holder being either too small or loose, but suffice to say , no more chatter .

Hope this may help others having similar problems