I am thinking about signing up with https://squareup.com/ to accept credit cards. However the only thing holding me back is they want my social security number.I don't like that. I have a federal id number that should be all they really need. What do ya'll think?

• Like 1

You can thank the Patriot Act for that. I use square, it works for me :thumbsup:

Not at all, they are just trying to copy square. And theirs is a big connector... nope, I'll stick with my square

I just add my sales tax on to my final price........ thats easy lol

Hope this helps

well since you have had no issues with they I think I will sign up. How quick are they at depositing the transaction?

Go ahead and download the app, once your account is verified you can start using it if you key the numbers. The card reader should only take a week or so to get ;)

+1000 for squareup. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just have to get past some peoples anxiety on these fancy new-fangled devices... :rolleyes::-X

most heard phrase: "you can do THAT?!?"

I use square. For up to $300 they are cheaper. Then intuit (gopayment). If you pass enough transactions (over $1200/mo) regularly then gopayment with the monthly fee is the best deal without going to a full blown merchant services.

If I somehow missed something, someone correct me.

post-8054-0-48251500-1305753647_thumb.jp

square is awesome! I recently had gotten everything set up and used it today. Works amazing.

I use square. For up to $300 they are cheaper. Then intuit (gopayment). If you pass enough transactions (over $1200/mo) regularly then gopayment with the monthly fee is the best deal without going to a full blown merchant services.

If I somehow missed something, someone correct me.

The only way the "Gopayment Monthly" is better is if you're not swiping the cards. See attached.

Oops spreadsheet error - uploaded new image.

post-4955-0-38068700-1308066765_thumb.jp

I used to use Square until i discovered SalesVu, i wasn't completely satisfied with its service and i had some problems cause they retained me some money, i also needed a better software to manage my employees. I gave them iphones and the data from them automatically go to my device where i can control from. It's free and you can get it from its website (www.salesvu.com) or from the itunes store.

Love Square. For those with the issue of a weekly limit, I sent them an e-mail with more information about my business and they raised my weekly limit to $3,300. I am a small operation so it works great for me.

johnsilver- SalesVu sounds good too if you have a good size business.