Sign in to follow this  
hated paint

Pcut freezes up

Im having trouble  with my pcut plotter It Will start to cut and then just stop the display will read waiting and never do anything else any Ideas? thanks

Welcome to our forums!!

You could try another USB cable, or try the Serial connection if at all possible. Also make sure the cable is not being bumped while cutting, as it might be a loose USB port on the cutter itself. Worst case scenario, it may need a part replaced.

A warm welcome as well.

As Ken says, it sounds like a cable.

Couple of other points

1. Make sure there are suppressors at both end, (these are lumpy things that contain a ferrite core) on your new USB cable.

2. Turn off your screen saver.  Recently i only just discovered that when you send stuff via USB it uses your main CPU and some screen savers run a CPU at 100%, especially the more complex ones.  Not very GREEN are they?

3. Do not use a cable longer than 3 metres (9/10 feet) if you are having problems.

4. Do not use a hub, powered or unpowered.

Trust this helps

Jerry from SignBlazer.

I use to have my usb running through a hub and was having that problem.  Once I hooked it directly to my computer, the problem is gone.

First of all thanks for the help but so far no luck I havent been able to find a single cable exactly like you described so I have used adapters that the local computer guys say should work some dont work at all and some have the same result In the process of trying every thing its doing something a little different now it will start cutting and then cut a line diagonly across the work and then verticaly down and then freeze up and wont do anything unless I reset it It was working fine and then I didnt use it for a month or so And then it started doing this and now I just dont know what to do thanks for any help

Doesn't USB suck?

80% of all our calls for help are about USB

Why don't you try serial?

I can almost guarantee that you will have no more problems.

If you do still have problems then it might be the cutter.

Does you computer have a serial port?

A lot of new ones don't now!

Jerry from SignBlazer.

C:111Jan 2008USB Cable.JPG

post-1153-12986515162033_thumb.jpg

post-1153-12986515181594_thumb.jpg

Did you get this solved?

If not we could try replacing the motherboard, but what if it does the same thing? I would like to see how it performs with the Serial connection. Another computer you could try?

No luck Yet and I only have signblazer on this one computer If there is something wrong with the plotter are chances very good a motherboard will fix it because Ive already spent that much in cables

Ken, having the same problems here.  Cut just fine for about 2 months now nothing.  It's awsome when it works man, but I might have to let it go and get something else.  Downtime is killing me.  Tell me what to do man!

Same here Guam Guy

down time is killing me also  When it was good it was excellent , only had it 5 mths

Now it is taking 2-3 hours to do a 5 min job plus 15 yards of vinyl to

do a 1 yard job    might have to invest in another brand also