Hello Everybody...

I am just kind of curious on getting a clean cut on graphics. I try to cut an object out on my cutter (MH871) and I am not getting a clean cut for easy weeding. When it enters a corner on an object sometimes I have to cut the corner with an xacto knife. Is there any solution to this problem? I tried to put a new blade in and it does the same thing. Any answers would be very helpful.

Thanks so much.

Hello Everybody...

I am just kind of curious on getting a clean cut on graphics. I try to cut an object out on my cutter (MH871) and I am not getting a clean cut for easy weeding. When it enters a corner on an object sometimes I have to cut the corner with an xacto knife. Is there any solution to this problem? I tried to put a new blade in and it does the same thing. Any answers would be very helpful.

Thanks so much.

the less the blade the better. Use the force on your machine to cut, not the extra blade sticking out. and make test cuts and check your blade offset. Make sure your test cuts have sharp corners on them. If your running your cutter fast, maybe slow it down.

Also what type of vinyl are you using..I had some Greenstar I bought from US Cutter that did the same thing..I replaced it with Oracal 651 and my problems went away...

stetson5331

Also what type of vinyl are you using..I had some Greenstar I bought from US Cutter that did the same thing..I replaced it with Oracal 651 and my problems went away...

stetson5331

Greenstar.....I will try switching out the vinyl. Thanks

Will more pressure keep from picking up corners and peeling your cuts? whats the smallest font size you can cut? Tried 60 degree blade even worse, Vinyl or Gold Mask same issue, even tried 000 pressure @010 speed

Blade depth (the amount of sharp tip protruding from the holder) is critical.

Will more pressure keep from picking up corners and peeling your cuts? whats the smallest font size you can cut? Tried 60 degree blade even worse, Vinyl or Gold Mask same issue, even tried 000 pressure @010 speed

Usually when vinyl is being picked up while cutting, you have too much blade exposed out of the the blade holder. There are too many incorrect instructions that say use a credit card or post it notes.  This is incorrect and too much blade exposed out of the blade holder.  Follow these instructions. You should just barely see the tip after following instructions.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. When you think the blade is so far in the blade holder, that you think it would not even cut, that is probably correct.