Sign in to follow this  
NukleoN

Which Sunie Heat Press?

Which heat press should I buy for t-shirt graphics?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which heat press should Nuke buy?

• Sunie 15x15. Good enough!
    • Sunie 16x20.
    • Sunie 16x24. Go big or go home.
    • None of the above. Get a pro heat press!

Hi all,

I am considering a Sunie heat-press, and want something which won't limit me on what size shirts I can make or require a lot of re-pressing for large designs. If re-pressing for large designs is no big deal, feel free to set me straight on this.

I see that Sunie offers a 16x24 Press as well as a 16x20 press, and oddly they are the same price: 389.99. Do I need a press this big or is a 15x15 big enough? Any of you 15x15 owners regretting buying the smaller press?

Any differences between the 16x20 and 16x24 I should be aware of?

Please answer here and feel free to vote in the poll.

Thanks!

• Like 1

The 16x24 has over the back pressure adjustment. IMHO, that's a no-no. You want over the center for even pressure throughout the heating element.

I'd only get a sunie or similar if you plan on upgrading later on. Otherwise I'd get a good press from the start. I first bought a TransPro 15x15 but returned it and spent the extra for a Stahl's MAXX 15x15. I definitely don't regret it. I voted for the pro press, especially if you're going to be making money off of it.

The 16x24 has over the back pressure adjustment. IMHO, that's a no-no. You want over the center for even pressure throughout the heating element.

I'd only get a sunie or similar if you plan on upgrading later on. Otherwise I'd get a good press from the start. I first bought a TransPro 15x15 but returned it and spent the extra for a Stahl's MAXX 15x15. I definitely don't regret it. I voted for the pro press, especially if you're going to be making money off of it.

Interesting, Nite. Where did you purchase the Stahl MAXX 15x15 from? Is the size ok for most shirts you think?

Dan, any sunie with over the center pressure adjustment is good. I now have a hotronix but keep my faithful sunie 15" - it has just been too reliable to get rid of

Interesting, Nite. Where did you purchase the Stahl MAXX 15x15 from? Is the size ok for most shirts you think?

I bought it from Pro-World. I originally bought the TransPro 15x15 from them, but decided I'd be better off with a better quality machine. So I returned the TransPro and paid the difference for the MAXX. I can definitely notice the difference in quality. It's built better, the fit and finish are far superior, it heats up quicker, holds temps better and has more even heating across the element. There's maybe a 3* difference from corner to corner diagonal. Also a great feature I didn't appreciate until I discovered it, was that the top has lots more space between the platen and heating element when open. No burned knuckles!

About the size, I've done shirts up to 6X, and the positioning is a bit tricky, but the shirts come out great. When funds allow though, I'll be upgrading to the Hotronix 16x20 auto open. At that point I'd either sell the MAXX or keep it as a press dedicated to JPSS or something like that. It's really a great press.

Like Scott said though, the sunie with over the center pressure will work fine; I just didn't want something that *just* got me by. I like to have a cushion (the cushion being the features, reliability and warranty of a more expensive, yet professional quality press) so I have less to worry about.

I bought it from Pro-World. I originally bought the TransPro 15x15 from them, but decided I'd be better off with a better quality machine. So I returned the TransPro and paid the difference for the MAXX. I can definitely notice the difference in quality. It's built better, the fit and finish are far superior, it heats up quicker, holds temps better and has more even heating across the element. There's maybe a 3* difference from corner to corner diagonal. Also a great feature I didn't appreciate until I discovered it, was that the top has lots more space between the platen and heating element when open. No burned knuckles!

About the size, I've done shirts up to 6X, and the positioning is a bit tricky, but the shirts come out great. When funds allow though, I'll be upgrading to the Hotronix 16x20 auto open. At that point I'd either sell the MAXX or keep it as a press dedicated to JPSS or something like that. It's really a great press.

Like Scott said though, the sunie with over the center pressure will work fine; I just didn't want something that *just* got me by. I like to have a cushion (the cushion being the features, reliability and warranty of a more expensive, yet professional quality press) so I have less to worry about.

Good post. I totally agree about buying quality (pats new WF1100 with Cobra Ink). I just have a limited budget at the moment, so I might buy something cheap and upgrade later. The price difference between the Stahl's Maxx and the Sunie is substantial as well.

Ok, might just got for a cheap Sunie for now and see how I fare. Thanks for the info! I'll make sure it's an over-the-center adjustment.