Lancermr

Cutting directly from CorelDraw

I have Corel X3 and cutting with my MH 721-MK2 directly from the Driver installed as a printer. I can get it to cut the first image and then readjust the origin and select a second graphic to cut and it locks up in the printer queue. I can cancel it but it just stays there locked up ad does not let me send another file to the plotter. I have to turn everything off and restart windows in order to print another graphic. What am I doing wrong?

Jerry

not using a cutting program to cut from . . .  .try scalp, signblazer or flexistarter. its not a printer

I have Corel X3 and cutting with my MH 721-MK2 directly from the Driver installed as a printer. I can get it to cut the first image and then readjust the origin and select a second graphic to cut and it locks up in the printer queue. I can cancel it but it just stays there locked up ad does not let me send another file to the plotter. I have to turn everything off and restart windows in order to print another graphic. What am I doing wrong?

Jerry

You can run your cutter as an HPGL plotter and cut basic shapes the way you're describing... But as you've discovered, it will not let you do anything above and beyond simple stuff.  Scott is right (as usual!) and you need a dedicated cutting program to get the most out of your cutter.

You can run your cutter as an HPGL plotter and cut basic shapes the way you're describing... But as you've discovered, it will not let you do anything above and beyond simple stuff.  Scott is right (as usual!) and you need a dedicated cutting program to get the most out of your cutter.
head swells a bit more. Lol

The absolute cheapest way to get started is to download and use the free Signblazer software (which is really hard to look at at first glance, but it is quite capable in the end). FREE!!!! But ugly.

If you're a fan of rental software, the cheapest way to get going is to use SignCut from http://www.signcutpro.com/download-signcut-productivity-pro/ They offer a 7 day trial code to test and then from their store you can "rent" a serial number for a time limited duration. See their store for prices. If you're making money with your cutter then you should be able to afford the rental market. If you're doing this for a hobby then it might not make sense to go that route. In that case see my first point about Signblazer.