bobabuee

Instructions on Contour Cutting with Video

Well I have now played with the numbers enough to get this to cut on alost the exact line I want. Is there a way to get the mak line removed so it does not print butis able to be used for the cutting? I saw in a previous post that this was possible. I tried as it was told but it did not work. The said go into the set up after you went to file>print and uncheck the print box on the right side. I tried, it did not work.

Well I have now played with the numbers enough to get this to cut on alost the exact line I want. Is there a way to get the mak line removed so it does not print butis able to be used for the cutting? I saw in a previous post that this was possible. I tried as it was told but it did not work. The said go into the set up after you went to file>print and uncheck the print box on the right side. I tried, it did not work.

When you get to the Print screen, click on Setup, and uncheck the Cut Mask Print option.

That does not work. I tried it all 4 ways. Cut check, mask check, both checked, both unchecked. They all print with the mark line around it. Any other suggestions?

Worked for me. Are you running the latest version of SBE?

I think so. It is the one that came with my cutter I got about 3-4 months ago. I just tried it again with no luck.

Worked for me. Are you running the latest version of SBE?

I think so. It is the one that came with my cutter I got about 3-4 months ago. I just tried it again with no luck.

Weird, not sure...

I was going to attach my file to see if you could get it to work but I am getting an error message on that. Oh well I keep trying.

I was going to attach my file to see if you could get it to work but I am getting an error message on that. Oh well I keep trying.

For the time being you will not be able to upload files to the forum, the server is full. There are plenty of free sites that you can upload the file to and then link it here.

I have successfully contour cut. What I also tried was deleting the mask line before I printed the art then before I cut the art undo the delete. It printed without the line and cut where the line was suppose to be. Just keep using paper and the pen to get the final specs.

Well, after finally deciding to try this out cutting some simple pricing labels, I have now spent 2.5 hours and have made some (a little) progress.

I copy-pasted a design from Illy, drew a square and turned it into a cutting path.

The tutorial videos on the first page are good, but for some reason, they assume you start with a Letter sized workspace, which unless you do, screws everything up.  I work with a 24"x 300" workspace, and had to tweak the settings, restart, re-import images in a random manner until it finally registered an 8.5x11 sheet in the workspace, printing workspace and cutting workspace.

I had no problem printing the sheet with the reg marks.  However, I got the error others have mentioned earlier in the thread and SB crashed.  No prob, I saved it right before this.  Re-open the file, everything looks the same until I go to "Cut a Print".  For some reason, the workspace in cut a print is 8.75x12.5ish, and will not allow me to re-scale the size.  I go through all the setups, main screen, print, cut a print, etc, make sure everything is set to Letter, and this makes no difference.

Either way, I havent given up, but it certainly seems to be quite the PITA.  Lots of weird playing with settings in certain orders..   It definitely seems like it is easier if you design in SB, which I don't.

It's worth noting, (it was a "DUH!" moment) you cannot cut all the way to the far back edge of an 8.5x11 sheet, as the rollers are no longer engaged..

Edit to note it didn't close any of the squares it actually did cut..

Here are some instructions on doing contour cutting with the LaserPoint cutter using SignBlazer Elements.

1) Setting up a contour and printing: http://www.signblazer.net/images/client/LaserPoint%20printing.htm

2) Positioning the print in the cutter: http://www.signblazer.net/images/client/IMG_3600.JPG

3) Cutting the print: http://www.signblazer.net/images/client/LaserPoint%20cutting.htm

Hi My jog function does not work with my laser point. Any suggestions. I am trying to do contour cut in sign blazer. I just purchased it and the video was helpful but my jog does not work.

Hi My jog function does not work with my laser point. Any suggestions. I am trying to do contour cut in sign blazer. I just purchased it and the video was helpful but my jog does not work.

same thing here. This piece of sh*t just says "waiting," or it wont jog.  Wtf

When I mask and print it removes the color all that prints is a black outline. What I'm I doing wrong?

Ok I got it to print but now my jog function does not work with my laser point. Just like the above post with the same error. I am trying to do contour cut in sign blazer. have the last copy of sighblazer that was posted.

Need help I have a big shirt order but can't get to cut. don't want to cut these by hand.

Thanks for all of your help.

Mike

I don't have your machine.  but here are the instructions from support

Contour cutting with SignBlazer

SolutionContour Cutting with SignBlazer and the LaserPoint

1. Select your vectorized graphic in Signblazer, then go to manipulate and click on Expand/Outline/Inline. Select Outline, and make sure Keep Original is the only option checked. Set the Offset to 0.00, and then choose the thickness of the contour line (how far away from the graphic you want the contour line to be). I use 0.40 for most testing, but it can be set to whatever you want. Click OK.

2. Now that your contour line has been created, you will need to select the contour line (not the whole graphic), then go back to Manipulate, and then click on Cut Mask On/ Off.

3. Click File, then Print. Go to Regist., and select the bottom two corner marks. Click OK. Now click Print.

4. Get the document from your printer and load it in the LaserPoint cutter with the registration marks at the front just barely sticking out to the cutting strip.

5. Click Finish. Now go to File, then click Cut a Print. Click Cut. Use the onscreen buttons with your mouse, or the keyboard number pad to jog the laser to the right side registration mark. Once it is in the middle of the right mark, click Next. Now jog the laser to the middle of the left registration mark, and click Next.

6. Now click Cut, and the LaserPoint should start cutting the contour you created around your graphic. If it is out of alignment, you can adjust the Redeye offset values for the X or Y axis. It may take a few runs to get it dialed in.

Thanks skeeter, but I printed that post  and went step by step. Did the other people solve this problem?

I have no idea.  Didn't you get Signcut with your cutter?  That has contour cut.    I have a Graphtec, not a laser pointer.

Yes I have the lazer cutter from us cutters. I have had it over 2 yrs and have never tried to contour until a couple of days ago.