Sign in to follow this  
stokedgraphics

Just got the 6 in 1 heat press, um caps are supposed to fit?

I added this to my equipment hoping to offer heat pressed caps.  When I opened the unit and set it up I went through all of the configurations and tested each one.  Everything seems to be fine, but the caps I have don't fit very well in the cap press.  It fits great for pressing on the bill, but on the crown I can't see how it's supposed to fit if the curvature is different.  Am I missing something or is this just not the way to go for the caps. I've compared it to some other hat presses and it looks pretty much the same.  Should I order different caps? 

I'll be purchasing a sublimation printer in the next few months, so I haven't done any mugs or plates with that yet. 

Also, I saw it mentioned somewhere on here that the temp read out is in Fahrenheit?  It shows Celsius on the panel.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

I heard that before - that's why I suggest separate presses as  the cost is not much more

• Like 1

I am having the same problem. We purchased a cap heat press by itself (FLHPCP815B) and it's not doing anything right. The hat crown does not seem to fit, so it's making the fabric in the middle crease, it's putting uneven pressure and it not pressing properly around the middle seam. I have tried lower pressure and higher, and it's consistently putting permanent pressure marks around the edges.

I clearly need some education to know what I am doing wrong, as this machine did not come with any instructions at all.

On 8/18/2010 at 7:20 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

I heard that before - that's why I suggest separate presses as  the cost is not much more

Exactly what I've just managed to accomplish, what, almost 7 years after your original comment? !!!  SO, I bought this old hat pressing thingy off a craigslisting post, it's pretty nice for $60.

I have a question, anyway. My dial on this used machine has a scale 1-10. It's a rotating type knob. About what can I expect to dial it in to, for getting like 310* F heat on the press? There's no readout on the unit, is there an easy way to check the platen temp?

heck I would just check the temp with an ir thermometer -set it once and mark on the dial with a sharpie

• Like 5